New software update installation (video)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kia and Hyundai removed the server download links.

Even though the old Canadian update website where you enter a canadian soul EV vin for the link no longer generates a link.

@andrewplease

If you are trying to get update, I would suggest calling Kia Customer Service and letting them know you are having trouble finding update through "my uvo" website.

I will look into seeing where the host server url was changed to.

When I got my car last week, I tried to find the same thing. The dealer sent me to the map update site where I saw the $145 price, so I called Kia. I'm not sure if it's because I'm a new customer or my Soul has such low mileage, but the representative sent me a new SD card with the updates as a good will measure!

Same for me...trying to get the US update for a 2016 Soul EV, and the link just says

This site can’t be reached

updateaccess.kia.com’s server IP address could not be found.

And yes, I put in my vin number at the end, and tried editing the URL to both AVN4.0, AVN5.0, and AVN6.0....
same message.

Anyone know a new address to get it from?

Upload update E512.161024 to the file sharing service.
Map updates are not needed - only UVO software updates.

krox said:

would love to get a copy of this update. doesn't seem to be any way to get android auto on my 2016 soul EV.

Well, put the question like that. Where can I buy a firmware update for the Kia Soul navigation system?

You can update yourself if you have a new software on the SD card. It takes 30 minutes.

jschedin said:
krox said:
would love to get a copy of this update. doesn't seem to be any way to get android auto on my 2016 soul EV.
Faced the same problem - I can not download the firmware update. Please help - give me a link to the resource where I can download the necessary update (E512.161024). File sharing, trekkers, google drive, anything? Thank you in advance for your help!

My friend shared the previously downloaded firmware. I checked it out. I updated multimedia in my car. Everything turned out well. As a result of the update, my previous version of ST.PSEV.USA.E483.151002 was replaced with a new one: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

For a while I will post an archive with this firmware on my Google Drive. Do not thank)))

Download link from Google Drive: Kia_Gen4_Software_2016

Photo: Before update and After update

UPD: While I was looking for the firmware version I needed, I came across some version of software for Canada. On my car, she did not fit. When trying to update, the message appeared on the screen: "Not compatible with hardware version. Please check and try again."

If someone needs a version for Canada, you can download it here.

ksoul2084 said:
Thank you!

Much appreciated. :D
You are welcome! ))
Important: in the root directory of the SD card you need to copy the entire folder "update" without extracting its contents from it. All files and folders must be inside the folder "update".

Quick installation question:

1) Should I pop out the SD card for Navigation from the top of the infotainment system and copy the update folder to the root?
or 2) Can I load the same folder onto a USB key and pop it in the front USB instead?

I haven't checked yet but is there enough room on the SDCard to fit the folder along with the navigation maps or will I be shuffling data off and back on to the SD card? (I suppose I can dig up a spare 2GB SD card instead)

Finally, say something doesn't work right, does it failsafe back to a previous firmware? Am I generally going to find a preexisting "update" folder on the SDCard currently? If so, I suppose I can copy that as a backup too.

Thank you

Update: went with the SD Method. About 3GB of free on the 16GB card. No pre-existing upload folder. Installation (cdn version) went similar to the video at the beginning of this thread. ~25 mins

I'm completely blown away by Android Auto right now. Thank you so much for posting. I assume CarPlay is similar.

I just want to thank you so much for sharing those files, downloading right now for the Canadian Kia Soul EV...

Fansite said:
My friend shared the previously downloaded firmware. I checked it out. I updated multimedia in my car. Everything turned out well. As a result of the update, my previous version of ST.PSEV.USA.E483.151002 was replaced with a new one: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

For a while I will post an archive with this firmware on my Google Drive. Do not thank)))

Download link from Google Drive: Kia_Gen4_Software_2016

Photo: Before update and After update

UPD: While I was looking for the firmware version I needed, I came across some version of software for Canada. On my car, she did not fit. When trying to update, the message appeared on the screen: "Not compatible with hardware version. Please check and try again."

If someone needs a version for Canada, you can download it here.

edmondt said:
I just want to thank you so much for sharing those files, downloading right now for the Canadian Kia Soul EV...

beanman said:
Thank you...

Update: ...Installation (cdn version) went similar to the video at the beginning of this thread. ~25 mins

I'm completely blown away by Android Auto right now. Thank you so much for posting. I assume CarPlay is similar.

I am very glad that I managed to help you.
Also glad that the Canadian version came in handy )))

Back