SouLuc

Clock does not display when I start the car, it will takes 2 mins to display the clock after I start driving.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:42 pm

My 2018 Soul does not display the clock when I start my car, after I drive it for 2 mins the clock will appear on the screen. With this issue it impacts Android Auto system. If I plugged in my phone prior to the clock appear, it will work for the 2 mins as soon as the clock appeared it will kick out Android Auto. I have to unplug the phone and re-connect then Android Auto will works or I wait till the clock appeared then plug in my phone then Android Auto will work without issue. Anyone is experiencing this issue or any suggestion on how to correct this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.

JejuSoul

Re: Clock does not display when I start the car, it will takes 2 mins to display the clock after I start driving.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:09 pm

-
You don't say where you are?
You don't say which clock you are referring to?
How about giving us some more details.

Until then here's my guesswork.
The small clock at the top of the navigation screen is showing --:--
It does this while the computer is trying to get the time over a 3G network.
Your home, garage does not have a good network connection.
The problem is solved when you move the car to an area with connectivity.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

notfred

Re: Clock does not display when I start the car, it will takes 2 mins to display the clock after I start driving.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 am

In Canada we don't have any cell connectivity on the car, so it gets the time from GPS. I've noticed the --:-- on the navigation screen is appearing more often recently, there was a GPS rollover on 6th April and I think it may be taking a little longer to calculate the time these days.

JejuSoul

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:31 pm

notfred wrote:In Canada we don't have any cell connectivity on the car, so it gets the time from GPS...

Yes, that makes sense.
In which case the fix is easy. Turn 'GPS Time' off.

-------------------------

Something I noticed today - the two clocks displayed here have slightly different times.
Edit - It seems this screen always shows 12:07. It is just a coincidence I looked at that time.

Last edited by JejuSoul on Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

SouLuc

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks JejuSoul for your suggestion, I have tried to Turn 'GPS Time off' but it is still not fix :(
Btw, I am located in Toronto, Canada and new on this forum. We don't have cell connectivity suck.

thinkdez

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am

I just started having a similar issue but now it doesn't even display a time for my entire trip. I tried to manually set the clock but those options are disabled so I cannot even manually set the clock. Did you ever resolve this?

Cmvince

Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:22 am

I’ve noticed the same thing happening, first few minutes with no clock, and today have no clock at all. Has anyone found a fix?

ksoul2084

Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Something strange going on, I just started having this issue today in my 2016.

notfred

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Yup, same thing for me with my 2016, no clock at all today.

JejuSoul

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 pm

-
Nope. My clock is normal. Is this a fault in Canada only?

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”