ding dong sound

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carverbaby

Every now and then I heat a ding dong sound but I don't know what it's trying to tell me. I've had the car for less than a week and I've heard it maybe four times. There were no warning lights and everything seemed ok. Any ideas?

It means you've arrived at one of your saved favorites in the GPS system.

There's a setting to disable this on a per-favorite basis, which I found because it was driving me nuts every time I got home or to the office.

The car's default is to enable a tone when saving a favorite.

ahh that's it. i'll look for how to disable it later. Thanks! was really bugging me b/c i had no idea why it was dinging.

Can you steer me to the page number of the manual or any other information on how to turn it off. I just haven't been able to find it. I'd really appreciate it because I go by one of the favorites all the time and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Never mind... I found it. You click on the favorite and then hit the Edit button. It allows you to turn the notification on or off. Personally I think OFF should be the default. There's already enough extra sounds going on in the car such as the music at the beginning and end of a drive. It's really weird if you have the radio up a bit and it blends with the sound when you turn the car off. Oh well, since I've been going out to a 100+ range on the GOM every day it's a small price to pay. So far loving the car.

Hi,speaking of notification sounds that I'm clueless a out... when I start my 2016 EV (just got it) I hear like 5-7 sci-fi ray gun kerpows? It happens almost all the time... Anyone know what it is for?

Back