Ex-taxicab 2018 Soul

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlovie

Recently a cab company in Montreal was using Soul EVs as their car. They did go out of business, and I picked up one of the 2018s in Burlington on the used market. Being an Ex-Taxicab there were various modifications to the electrical system to add taxi gear, as well as they likely removed some of the items that actually came with the car.

My specific question is: inside the back under the floor is a foam tray. Under that foam tray where the spare tire goes on the IC Soul, there is another foam tray - did any items come in that foam tray? I'm wondering what the factory flat tire solutions is, as I don't appear to have any of that gear.

Thanks,
Tom.

Factory comes with a rather lame IMHO flat tire inflator + leak seal kit. You use a pressurized gas canister that contains leak seal and use it to re-inflate your tire and hopefully block the leak.

It also came with a cargo cover/net and a top-shelf that would cover the contents of the "trunk" area when looking through the window.

Oh, and a steel tow-hook that screws into the front bumper if you need to tow the vehicle with a tow-rope.

My 2016 ex-cab came with 2 tow hooks, 1 still-in-the-bag cargo net, and the tire inflator kit.

Check out the thread http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1051 where other people have purchased these ex-taxicabs and fixed up the taxi modifications.

Back