Homelink system

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Can anyone confirm if either the Soul EV or EV + has the homeland system (to open garage doors)? If available, is it available in both models?

Thanks - Ray

It's an option available from the dealer on either trim. On the configurator the option is called
EC MIRROR W/COMPASS & HOMELINK.

It has an MSRP of $350; but you should be able to negotiate for it at a lower cost or even "thrown in".

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure why I wrote "Homeland", when it is actually 'Homelink"....

I'll most likely lease, rather than buy the Soul EV. I'll see if I can get that thrown into the lease.

Thanks -Ray

Ok, the OEM mirror arrived, and it looks like the wiring for the homelink stuff needs to be added.

Having said that, this has the most complete installation instructions I have ever seen for a part. Even if you have never removed body panels and routed wires, this gives you everything you need to know.

I will update this post with details when I get it installed.

I just installed the OEM homelink/compass mirror.

Wow it was easy.

There are 18 pages of documentation - each page having four drawings and directions of how to install the mirror. I must say I am impressed.

I don't know why Kia designed it to not just the already present wires (though I be you COULD if you mapped them out) but you don't need to. The cable routing is easy if you follow the directions.

I think it took me 1/2 an hour. Just make sure you carefully read the directions beforehand.

The hardest part was clipping to the wires as there was little clearance to work with.

Back