Battery Checkup at Dealership

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solex

Hey all.

I took my 2019 Soul into the dealership for its six month service. Routine checkup, tire rotation, all that jazz and I was told that they run a test of the battery as well. When I picked the car up I asked them for a battery state-of-health report and the ding-dong behind the counter said they could get it for me.

Apparently the tech had misplaced the report so they could bring it back in and run the test again. I said sure. They did. And what I got was a receipt sized printout of a test on the accessory battery. What followed was a ridiculous conversation where I was told that they have no way of testing the drive battery as there is too much stuff around it. I made some pointed statements and asked some pointed questions and got a lot of bs in response.

Are the dealerships in the habit of keeping the SOH info from us when it is easily grabbed off the obd port? This frankly blew me away.

Sounds like you got the same service advisor as me... Beaverton Kia? Lol. Dude insisted, multiple times, there was "no test in the world" that could tell you the health of your battery.

Back