Anyone try and charge up at a NISSAN dealer yet ?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigger19687

I am just curious.
Around here the ONLY DC FC Ports would be at the Nissan Dealers.

So just wondered if Nissan would allow a NON-Leaf to use their chargers .
Probably not an issue at night if it is not locked or behind a locked gate.
But I wonder during working hours.

tigger19687 said:
I am just curious.

Yes, I've charged at two separate Nissan dealerships in the L.A. area, both L2 and CHAdeMo. Each time salespeople where quite friendly. Of course, they asked me lot of questions about the Soul EV.

TomT said:
As is whether or not the dealer charges for the use of the QC and if so, how much...

In my case, I paid for the CHAdeMo QC (NRG eVgo card) in one dealer, and the L2 charge was free in another dealer.

New to this, but I use the charger at night, its only available 6pm-7am. Security did come out, saw I was charging and left me alone so I assume it was ok.

I quick-charged at a Nissan dealer in Goleta about a month ago. The charger was on the ChargePoint network and I paid to use it so I felt no shame in doing so. The Nissan staff were friendly and inquisitive and the charger wasn't ICEd.

I personally stay away from free dealership DCQCs because my opinion is that those are there only for the use of their customers. I would only ever plug into a free Nissan dealer's charger if I were in a real bind with no other options. My $0.02.

tigger19687 said:
I am just curious.
Around here the ONLY DC FC Ports would be at the Nissan Dealers.

Be careful about using the Nissan units out of hours without asking first. A lack of courtesy could backfire on you....

http://jpwhitenissanleaf.com/2015/0...nissan-to-padlock-their-dc-quick-charge-unit/

Greetings electronauts,

Recently a friend needed a ride to a car dealer to pick up his new (used) Volt. The round trip was going to push the range limit of my Mitsubishi i-miev so I checked for charging options in the area. As it turns out there was a Nissan Dealer just down the service road from our destination.
Upon entering the Nissan dealership I spoke to the receptionist about charging my car and she referred me to one of the sales staff. I asked the salesman if I could charge my electric car and he quickly said, "yes".
They had three level two chargers near the service area with long cords. I backed into a parking spot and charged for about thirty minutes.
Thank you Gillman Nissan in Rosenberg, Texas

Challenge accepted!

w9Xf5vOl.jpg

Although it's right in front of a "DO NOT BLOCK" sign, they kindly let me charge it. I only charged there for ~10 minutes though.

Back