Lemon Law anyone?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofcat

Just wondering if anyone had tried evoking the lemon law on their Soul EV. In my 4.5 years of having the car, it has been in the shop for 2 battery replacements and one charger replacement. The first battery replacement took 2 months! The onboard charger was a bit over a week. I have no ETA on how long the second battery replacement is going to take.

This ownership experience is reminiscent of a bad experience with VW’s in the 80’s. I plan to contact Kia corp first to see what they are willing to do, but I’m also thinking of contacting my state consumer protection agency to see if this qualifies as a defective product that the manufacture needs to replace or buy back from me. Thoughts? Experiences?

What you reference as a lemon law usually only applies after many repair attempts that do not fix the problem.

I would suspect they feel that replacing the battery is fixing the problem.

If they get many people needing two battery replacements they may reconsider selling this vehicle in hot climates as they are losing money on this.

Back