Method to reduce charge rate for old Blink chargers?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinodlobo

Blink just sent me a letter to reduce my old, free charger from the Leaf 2001 to 24 amps, something about cables not doing well at higher amps. Instead of messing with the old charger, can I set the Soul EV to a slower charge rate from the panel?

-- Vinod

I don't believe the Soul has a method to change the rate of L2 charging... It is the J1772 connector that is at issue with the Blink on the older models... In any event, it is a very simple and quick change to make on the Blink, just a few button presses...

vinodlobo said:
Blink just sent me a letter to reduce my old, free charger from the Leaf 2001 to 24 amps, something about cables not doing well at higher amps. Instead of messing with the old charger, can I set the Soul EV to a slower charge rate from the panel?

Thanks, I'll try doing this on the Blink. Have been charging over a month with no issues
at the higher Kia Soul rate, so probably this is just Blink being very careful.

-- Vinod

My Blink was downgraded to 24 amps automatically. I still have it connected to the internet.

Back