2016 Map Update from mapnsoft.com

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmondt

I am currently looking for the Canadian map update for my 2016 KIA SOUL EV. I notice that the map update is free download for 2020 KIA SOUL EV at mapnsoft.com but costs $30 + S&H for the 2016 SOUL EV.

So my question is do you think the downloaded map update for 2020 will work for the 2016 KIA SOUL EV? :)

No, no I do not.

I've been trying to snag an update myself and another forum I came across it was laid out pretty clear the differences in the systems and the updates between them. It won't work, and you risk bricking the system itself which if you're lucky will reset - if not, the only fix is to buy a new head unit..

It really sucks to be forced into buying another SD card you don't want or need, but at least the cost is somewhat reasonable.
The shipping cost on the other hand? Not so much..

One other reason I've been holding off (was going to pull the trigger until I saw the shipping costs) buying this update is that I came across this URL on the same forum as mentioned above - http://update.kia.com/CA/EN/navigaionUpdate
Unfortunately the application download link doesn't work and just has a pop-up mention that this is their *grand opening* but the promise is being able to directly download updates regularly, for free.

Up to you on whether to wait, or pay the price - but don't risk your head unit with an improper update.

Almost certainly not. The 2016 in Canada doesn't have UVO, the 2020 does. That means it is guaranteed to be a different head unit as it has different hardware - the UVO interface is a cell connection.

Just get the one update that enables Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and then do everything on your cellphone after that.

Thanks for that :) I'm going to wait :) ...and yes I have already done the Android Auto update on the unit, just thought it would be nice to have updated maps thats all :p

If someone has it here... Please share with all of us :)

Back