Changing the country was the ticket to getting the software, so thank you for that tip!
Between the download, the transfer to the SD card and the install - it took quite awhile.So far I've noticed:- The car now automatically switches over to the paired Bluetooth device upon connection.
I'm not sure if I like this new behavior or not.- It seems to load/respond quicker than before, but it's hard to tell for sure.
If it does I'm curious if that is because of improvements in the software, or the fact that I had to use a newer & larger SD card compared to the OEM SD card.- The update changed the Low Battery Warning frequency to every minute..
Thankfully that can be changed back, and promptly was.- Visual changes to the Navigation U.I. and display.
I use Android Auto, and usually removed the SD card to avoid the built-in navigation altogether so I'm not the best judge here..- Visual changes to the media screen.
I actually really like this and think the changes made are a big improvement. I find it easier to read, and now there is a visual indicator of track position.
While all of this is nice, I'm actually just hoping this update fixes the issue I had in the winter where my car would randomly fail to pre-heat in the morning. It seems like this was a known issue with a certain version of software and would affect both pre-conditioning and charge timers.
Personally, I'm glad I held off and waited for this option instead of paying them to send me an SD card. Even the SD card I used for the update was a spare that I had no use for otherwise, so win-win!