Camping in Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmane

I am getting a Kia Soul EV. I can only afford about 10K so here in the USA that looks like I can afford up to a 2017. Regarding Camping in the Soul EV I saw a video of a guy doing it in a 2020 and it looks great. I am just wondering what the differences are if trying it in a 2017?

Link to video of 2020 camping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tWgn_vkkuk

Yeah that wood mod is a great idea. I am wondering if the AC/Heat aspect holds up on older models too.

Yeah, based on the interior I’m guessing that’s an ‘18 or ‘19, but I’d imagine it’s the same going backwards. My ‘17 seems like it’ll run heat and A/C infinitely if it’s plugged in.

bobmane said:
I am getting a Kia Soul EV. I can only afford about 10K so here in the USA that looks like I can afford up to a 2017. Regarding Camping in the Soul EV I saw a video of a guy doing it in a 2020 and it looks great. I am just wondering what the differences are if trying it in a 2017?

I believe the '20 is a bit longer in the trunk area, so probably not quite as much length for sleeping and luggage.

I'm not sure how you get at your gear if it's raining, without getting the bedding wet.

Back