Just picked up a 2016 Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanbanlo

Hi everyone, despite the fact that I didn't give the car a good review initially, I have leased a 2016 Soul EV (blue)!

I almost wanted to give up on the wait but when I called they said the Blue one has just arrived. I got the base trim since I don't want to wait any longer.

2016 basically is the same carry over model, while rumor said it will have sunroof, sorry to tell you guys that it doesn't. The only difference is.. in Canada at least, the lease rate has gone UP from 1.9% to 2.9%.

With Kia Canada, I'll install the Bosch EVSE. I'm still thinking if I should stay with the free 16A, or upgrade to the 30A for more money (6 hrs vs 4 hrs I believe).

:)

Kia West @ Coquitlam BC

Last week they had a white with baby blue, sold.

Many black and red left...

Interesting ... neither the Kia Canada nor US websites have the 2016 Soul EV listed ... both still show the 2015.

Congrats on the purchase! Hopefully more of the 2016 models will find their way into Canada than 2015's did.

Production of Soul EV 2016 is on, but no official release on any KIA website.
A new model has been added, Soul EV luxury/Sunroof - add 800$ to the price.

irfca said:
Interesting ... neither the Kia Canada nor US websites have the 2016 Soul EV listed ... both still show the 2015.

Congrats on the purchase! Hopefully more of the 2016 models will find their way into Canada than 2015's did.

Ya, I'm surprised as well. It is so new we had problem with the paperwork for the lease and insurance 'cause the model wasn't even in the system yet.

fanbanlo said:
I'm still thinking if I should stay with the free 16A, or upgrade to the 30A for more money (6 hrs vs 4 hrs I believe).
The more amps the merrier. Think near future 200 mile cars.

Damn it, just drove it for the 3rd day, problem hits. Check EV light is on:

http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=294

By chance is your '16 equipped with either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay capability? I believe our infotainment system is identical to that in the '16 Sonata and it has this capability.

mtndrew1 said:
By chance is your '16 equipped with either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay capability? I believe our infotainment system is identical to that in the '16 Sonata and it has this capability.
nope, nothing's mentioned in the booklet.

i received my 2016 Soul EV Lux (black/red) on Tuesday! I absolutely love it!! Put on a little under 1000 Km already.
I also had problems with the paper work in regards to the leasing and insurance. Lease was at 2.9%, not the 1.9% advertised for the 2015.
I haven't installed the charger yet, but i will certainly pay the extra 300.00 for the 30 amp
6.6 KW charger from Bosch, or I might just go with the 7.7 kW 50 amp plug in from Sun Country for 849.00.

My range when I first picked it up at the dealer was 189 km, now after a few charges it has gone down to 179 km. Let's see what the figure will be after a month or two.

vinnymess said:
Let's see what the figure will be after a month or two.
Ours started as 105, settled on 93-96, recently it's down to 89-91 (after almost 18,000 miles) in temperate climate.

I find my range varies depending on the previous days' driving ... it has ranged from a low of approx 145km (91mi) in the cold of winter with highway driving, to a high of 187km (117mi) a week or two ago with moderate weather and no recent highway driving (> 100km/h / 60mi/hr).

We recent picked up our 2016 EV LUX. After the first drive almost home (ran out of juice 5km from home) we quickly learned to adapt our driving habits and LOVE IT. Commute daily about 160km round trip. There is a Level 2 charger across from the workplace and only have the 120v charge at home (condo life but hydro is included in the condo fees so charging at home will always be free) We did order the 30amp charger from Boshe that we will install at the inlaws near work as its convenient. We ordered in April 2015 and didn't know we were getting the 2016 model until we picked it up. No sun roof or any new features, we weren't told about them. Regardless love everything about it!

Our family recently picked up our 2016 (see description in signature) from Meadowvale Kia, just outside of Toronto.

They didn't seem to be getting in any of the 3 original colours (blue/white, white/sky blue, onyx/red) in the luxury trim, so rather than wait an unknown time, we went for the Titanium. We didn't mind paying a bit extra for the sunroof ($800 CAD), but were sad it didn't have the interior/speaker lights (though I believe that package costs $1100 in the US).

I noticed a few people mentioned they couldn't find any info on 2016s (at least in Canada). Kia's main website does not have info listed for the 2016. But I did find it on Meadowvale Kia's website (and it may be similar for other dealers). On the dealer's website, go to Build and Price, it pulls up 2015 models, but there's a 2016 tab at the top. Once you change the model year, you'll see the Soul EV and that has the different trims (base, luxury, and luxury + sunroof). Sunroof is only available with the Titanium paint job (at least in Canada, can't speak for the US).

Happy to answer any questions I can for anyone curious.

DarthNick said:
Our family recently picked up our 2016 (see description in signature) from Meadowvale Kia, just outside of Toronto.

They didn't seem to be getting in any of the 3 original colours (blue/white, white/sky blue, onyx/red) in the luxury trim, so rather than wait an unknown time, we went for the Titanium. We didn't mind paying a bit extra for the sunroof ($800 CAD), but were sad it didn't have the interior/speaker lights (though I believe that package costs $1100 in the US).

I noticed a few people mentioned they couldn't find any info on 2016s (at least in Canada). Kia's main website does not have info listed for the 2016. But I did find it on Meadowvale Kia's website (and it may be similar for other dealers). On the dealer's website, go to Build and Price, it pulls up 2015 models, but there's a 2016 tab at the top. Once you change the model year, you'll see the Soul EV and that has the different trims (base, luxury, and luxury + sunroof). Sunroof is only available with the Titanium paint job (at least in Canada, can't speak for the US).

Happy to answer any questions I can for anyone curious.

Did you get a rebate from the Dealership for your Charging Station? They didn't mention it to us but noticed a posting about it and phoned to asked. It was for a free 16amp station, we ended up upgrading to the 30amp for $324 including tax and shipping.

ourmuskokalife said:
Did you get a rebate from the Dealership for your Charging Station? They didn't mention it to us but noticed a posting about it and phoned to asked. It was for a free 16amp station, we ended up upgrading to the 30amp for $324 including tax and shipping.

We did not. My dad (I'm not the actual owner, but I drive furthest to work so I get to drive the Soul, yay me!) had called Bosch about the two options, but he was told it was either the free 16 amp or the 30 amp would cost something like over $500 with tax and shipping (I'll double check). Curious at to why yours worked out to $324 with tax and shipping, that's definitely much less than we were told.

The 16A ain't bad, if you're not planning to charge mid-day for more juice, and you usually sleep for at least 6 hours, it's good enough.

Back