Charge Time Question

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EV2016

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't seem to get the charge times to work properly. I have it set up so that the car starts charging to 80% Sunday through Thursday at 6:30 pm. I want the car to charge to 100% on Friday and Saturday immediately when I plug the car in. So I've only checked the boxes by the days I want on the in car charge time section. When I got home on Friday and plugged the car in it didn't start charging. I thought I may have set things up incorrectly so I just pushed the override button on the dash next to the charging door open button and it started charging. On Saturday I checked to make sure I only had the days checked that I wanted. When I got home and plugged the car in again, the center blue light started flashing indicating it was waiting until the charge time. Once again I had to push the override button. Has anyone else had trouble with this or am I doing something wrong or expecting results that won't happen?

Also, if the car isn't plugged in at the appropriate time, will you need to press the override button when you do get the car plugged in or will it start charging since it's after the time that you set/

Thanks

The Soul assumes you want to charge 'on the timer' unless you have the override button pressed in (it's a toggle switch). It baffled us at first, but once you get it, it's really simple.

The exception is fast charging which, for obvious reasons, always happens as soon as you plug the big connector in. And the blue lights don't show up for fast charging (presumably because the on-board charger is not actually being used!).

So does this mean that the ability to check certain days of the week really doesn't work? I don't have a problem turning off the charging time by pressing the button but why then have the option to select the days you want it to work?

:) simple.

When u have at least 1 program, without the OFF override, charging only happens on those 'trigger' time (i.e. your Sun to Thursday @ your start time).

So if you want Fri and Sat to charge to 100%, program the 2nd slot to select Fri & Sat, 100%, starting @ your start time.

That's just it... I didn't want to have to use a time on those days. I just want it to start charging when I plug it in. I can push the "OFF" button but I was hoping that it wouldn't use the time on the off days. So what happens on those days that I don't have selected, does it not charge at all. I would like to know what will happen just in case I forget to push the button.

EV2016 said:
That's just it... I didn't want to have to use a time on those days. I just want it to start charging when I plug it in. I can push the "OFF" button but I was hoping that it wouldn't use the time on the off days. So what happens on those days that I don't have selected, does it not charge at all. I would like to know what will happen just in case I forget to push the button.

On my car, under the charge timer settings, I can turn either of the two timers on or off with the "enable reservation" or "disable reservation" choices.

I can also do this with the mobile iPhone app with these steps:

-Tap "reservation"
-Choose "charge reservation" tab at the top
-Choose a setting profile (setting (1), setting (2))
-Select "enable reservation" or "disable reservation" at the bottom
-Tap "Set Charging Times"

Once the upload completes this will modify the charging profiles in the car.

Back