How do I make the lawyerese babble on my touchscreen stop?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenZeJohn

That annoying "I acknowledge I should not pay attention to the touchscreen" message that requires me to tap yes every damn time I start the car!

It's for the lawyers, nothing more. I want it to go away!

On my Soul if I just ignore it for about 30 seconds it goes away on its own without me having to tap on anything. There are no adverse affects when just ignoring the legal screen as far as I can tell; navigation and such work normally.

Is this some Canadian stuff? No such message here in Ca.

Correction: it's there... Did not even notice it. Leaf had that too. Not Spark though, but I won't swear on that. I just don't pay attention to b.s.

This is the screen I see. (Straighter when sober!)
Yes, it goes away after 30 secs if you ignore it.
I don't recall ever bothering to read it fully before.
In fact I had wrongly assumed it was something to do with language settings.
It's not a big deal but yes I'd be happier if it didn't reappear.

23uvhhy.jpg

In later versions of the Navigation software the word 'Agree' changed to 'Confirm'

iletric said:
Is this some Canadian stuff? No such message here in Ca.

Not in my case. My car is both in and from California and has this screen on every startup, which I just ignore and it goes away after a bit.

JejuSoul said:
This is the screen I see. (Straighter when sober!)
Yes, it goes away after 30 secs if you ignore it.
I don't recall ever bothering to read it fully before.
In fact I had wrongly assumed it was something to do with language settings.
It's not a big deal but yes I'd be happier if it didn't reappear.

23uvhhy.jpg

30 seconds?! I guess I never noticed that, since I'm normally reversing out when I start the car; it goes away instantly. :)

Have been driving with the info screen off for the last few days. I just see the clock. The babble screen does not appear - unless...
Today I got a call on the bluetooth phone connection while driving. The babble screen appeared and needed to be agreed before I could see who was calling.
Ironic or what - the very screen that tells you not to play with the info while driving forces you to do that very thing.

Back