New owner thank you and questions...

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrnet

A sincere thank you to all the members whose many dozens of helpful posts I read before deciding on the Soul EV! This forum was at the top of the list for online research tools. I picked it up last Saturday night and couldn't be happier with it's performance and very fun driving experience.
I could use a little help with two items. I first saw the car on the dealer's storage lot still wearing it's shipping protection. I noticed a missing square bumper plug (see photo) and mentioned it to the salesperson. She, of course, said it would be there when I took delivery. A week later, in the new-car excitement and darkness of night, I forgot about it. Next day I see it's still missing. Can anybody tell me the purpose of the round hole it covers up ? I'm waiting for the service dept. at Sherman Oaks Kia to get back to me.
Also, wondering what I'm doing wrong, trying to switch the clock view to analog. I select it in the View settings, but it remains digital. Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance, for any help!

SEVbumper-M.jpg

This forum works miracles. Immediately after my first post, this reply from the S.O. Kia service manager appeared in my inbox:
"I will order you the missing tow cover, once it arrives we'll send to body shop to color match paint, I will let you know when is back to be ready to install."

As implied in the email you received that covers the hole that the tow hook screws into. Page 6-21 of your owners manual shows how to use it.

I wonder if they didn't do the presales inspection properly and the covers are still where ever Kia ships them in the car. Presumably you have checked the glove box. How about in the trunk? Have you pulled everything out of the trunk including the flat floor, the tray and the compressor/fix-a-flat can?

I just double-checked to make sure; even removed the foam tray that holds the fix-a-flat/compressor, looked under the seats and under the hood. Not sure why they would ship it with them removed (has anybody seen them direct from the ship with or without them installed?), think it's possible it slipped out of the factory like that?

barrnet said:
Also, wondering what I'm doing wrong, trying to switch the clock view to analog. I select it in the View settings, but it remains digital. Any suggestions?

The only time I see the analog clock is when I turn off the console display. In the setup menu, there's a screensaver setting where you can choose between a blank screen or the analog clock.

barrnet said:

Hi Barnett, welcome to the forum.
On my car, a 2015. Push the volume dial for a few seconds to get the clock display. It will be analog or digital depending what you chose in settings.
Turning off the display, shows nothing.

Thank you for all the clock responses, now I understand. Very nice large analog clock as screensaver; but, I was hoping to see a small version on the radio and media screens. Digital readout saves space.

notfred said:
I wonder if they didn't do the presales inspection properly and the covers are still where ever Kia ships them in the car. Presumably you have checked the glove box. How about in the trunk? Have you pulled everything out of the trunk including the flat floor, the tray and the compressor/fix-a-flat can?

Carmakers routinely use the tow hooks to secure vehicles while in transit. I've never seen a car on a showroom floor without the covers in place, so as mentioned, they could very well be stowed within your vehicle if you collected your car just after it was delivered to your dealership.

tractioninc,
The dealer had it for a week after it was transported from Kia's Port Hueneme facility. The tow hooks themselves have been obviously used looking at the residue on the threads. The obvious place to store the covers would be in the foam tray holding the hooks. It's not that big a car and I've gone over it several times. Maybe the transporter driver has them; as a mystery it would be fun to solve. Dealer has ordered new ones. I'm not losing sleep over it, just enjoying the new ride.

Just to complete the missing tow covers topic; nine days after the email from the service dept. they called to say they have new ones. The
tech said they always arrive at the dealership installed, not stowed somewhere in the car. They ordered new ones and had them painted (he said there was some discussion whether they should be black or red!). I drove over and he installed them in two minutes, looks perfect.
End of story.

Back