SoulEV2016

Re: Upgrading the Korean Map

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:13 am

Have you an UVo version ?
(in Europa, we don't).
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

JejuSoul

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:54 pm

SoulEV2016 wrote:Have you an UVo version ?

Yes. I was on vacation for the last week. I left the car at the airport without turning the 12V battery off.
I could check the SOC of the main HV battery via UVO. It lost nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Just looked in the latest system.img
There are 3 new apk files. None removed.

Code: Select all

DigitaliPodOut.apk
HKMC_DipoService.apk
HKMC_GalReceiver.apk
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:48 am

Some more new functionality in the Navi that I didn't notice yesterday.

From the Setup / Navigation Page / Address Book Tab - You can now Import and Export Address Books.
It creates a new folder on the USB called NaviMyPlaces - doesn't delete anything else that was already on the USB
Address books are stored as files AddressBook_0, AddressBook_1, AddressBook_2 ....
I don't know the file format yet.
This is a great improvement. It really helps when you swap cars and want to input all your old addresses into the new Navi.

From the Setup / Navigation Page / Safety / Camera Tab - More settings for speed camera warnings.

From the Setup / Navigation Page / Safety / Alert Tab - More settings for daytime / nighttime warnings.

There's a slight distance to the speed camera warning. It now gives your distance before the camera. This really helps with hidden cameras!
In this picture 50km/h is the camera limit, 48km/h is real speed (not display speed), 290m is distance to camera.
Click for bigger version.

The List view for the songs now groups everything by first letter. Makes it easier to find something - you can hit the letter and scroll down through just that letter.

-
Last edited by JejuSoul on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

SmoothJ

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:46 am

JejuSoul wrote:Some more new functionality in the Navi that I didn't notice yesterday.

From the Setup / Navigation Page / Address Book Tab - You can now Import and Export Address Books.
It creates a new folder on the USB called NaviMyPlaces - doesn't delete anything else that was already on the USB
Address books are stored as files AddressBook_0, AddressBook_1, AddressBook_2 ....
I don't know the file format yet.
This is a great improvement. It really helps when you swap cars and want to input all your old addresses into the new Navi.

JejuSoul, what software versions do you have?

JejuSoul

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:09 pm

SmoothJ wrote:JejuSoul, what software versions do you have?

The Q4 2016 update came out late - on the 16th January. - It is ST.PSEV.KOR.E525.170106

From the first comment in this thread.
JejuSoul wrote:Some tips for English speakers in Korea to upgrade to the latest version of the navigation map.
Others might find some of this useful as possible future additions to the mapping software in their own country.
In Korea system and map upgrades are DIY and free.

JejuSoul

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:25 pm

The Q1 2017 update came out a couple of days ago. - It is ST.PSEV.KOR.E525.170302

Here are the new screens.

The c harger list now includes the name of the company. Great help to know which card you need.

Company names also seen in the range screen

The music list menu now has a section for multiple deletes.
This may be old. I just never noticed it before. I have never found a changelog for the navi updates.

JejuSoul

Thu May 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Another Navi update at the end of April - ST.PSEV.KR.E530.170407

You get a pop-up message that there is a new update to download.

Only new page I have seen is a Reset screen.

JejuSoul

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:17 am

-
The Q2 2017 update came out a couple of days ago. - It is ST.PSEV.KR.E531.170701

Here are the new screens.

You can now zoom in and out on the map using the File / Tune button

The music playing now has a delete icon at the lower right side.

A couple of new pages that I am not sure when they appeared.

There is a choice of map colors

The police speed camera display now shows average speed when the police are doing checks between two points.
In the picture below -
camera speed = 80 km/h center
real speed = 80 km/h top
avg speed = 74 km/h right
distance to final camera 11.9km bottom

JejuSoul

Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 pm

-
Just installed the Q1 2018 navigation software - ST.PSEV.KR.E532.180118

I didn't write up the last 2 because there wasn't much of interest new.
This one has a nicer color scheme for the navigation map.

One bug not seen before -
For the Bluetooth phone connection I usually use the favorites list to find the number to call not the entire contacts list.
At the top of the list is Emergency Number - this cannot be removed.
After the update a duplicate Emergency Number listing appeared in position 4.
No contacts could be seen after position 4.
The remedy was to delete all favorites and add them all back in.

Here's some new pages to the navigation menus.

JejuSoul

Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:45 pm

-
Something I have yet to find for the Soul EV map updates is a changelog.

I have seen one for the similar map update to the I oniq Electric.

Found this via this thread on the I oniq Forum - Updating the firmware on your Ioniq EV at home

Then downloaded the pdf help file from - 2017 MapCare Manual for Dealer

Our system is version 4 AVN unlike the I oniq which is version 5. Both run on Android.
Interesting to see that version 1 AVN was Windows CE. They have just removed a hidden mode that allowed windows explorer to be used on the Navi.

The pdf help file for Kia does not include the changelog. You can see it here - 2017_MapUpdate_Manual_Kia_v1.pdf

Update: I have now seen the 2018 version of the Kia help file and it does have a changelog.

I like the one that says - "Anti Hacking System updated"

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”