Heating while charging.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ever

A quick video to hopefully explain some confusion about heating while programmed charging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP-XqIze_yc

If you already know this please disregard.

Can you preheat/precool Soul EV with a timer if the car is not connected to the grid - let's say it's parked outside?

Wow, really?

On a cold winter day, when I get off work and it's -°C outside, I like to enter a warmed up Ampera. It also defrosts and deices all my windows if there was snow falling through the day.

I think the philosophy behind the decision is to insure that you don't find yourself with a discharged battery - but a warm cabin. I agree it would be nice to be able to regulate temp while disconnected, but if it is that big a problem, for now, just start your car, start the heater, and go back insode for five minutes. Not the optimal solution, but better than freezing your brass monkeys off...

One workable software solution would be to be able to set a cutoff point - when the battery is discharged below 90%, or 60% etc - user definable. Would be a simple enhancement, but valuable.

Back