All New Uvo Eco app!

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanillagorilla

Heads up the Uvo mobile app is now Uvo Eco, all new interface. Haven't noticed anything new feature-wise, but much nicer looking and better charger info (at least better display of it).

wrickcook said:
I do not see Uvo Eco in the iOS store.

Just showed up for me when looking for updates.

It finally makes use of the entire 6s+ screen real estate and shares the same look as the screenshots of the Android version.

At least we get the Touch ID instead of constantly having to enter password. Yeah!

Not sure why we need to synch separately to get the latest location and the remote function (seems like the 2 tabs 'remote' and 'location' have 2 independent refresh process).

And yes, synch is still painfully slow. Seems like this has nothing to do with the app but is related to the server to vehicle communication.

downloaded new app, but it says there is no active account, but I have account activated. don't know where to go from here

Quazmann said:
downloaded new app, but it says there is no active account, but I have account activated. don't know where to go from here

Quazmann- I had the exact same problem when I downloaded the new app (for my iPhone 6) last week. Ended up calling the UVO customer service number. They acknowledged there is a problem and said they have escalated it to the UVO tech team but that in the meantime they would need to deactivate my UVO account. They said someone from UVO would call me back early this week with a progress report. I'll come back with an update here once I hear from them.

The new app automatically updated and blew my old account away. Customer service said I had to open up a new UVO account with a different email and set it up all over again. This sucks, sucks, sucks!!!

Last used the UVO App on my Android (v.6) a few months ago. Worked OK.

Today, I opened the App, while in my house, to check the Battery charge (car in garage next to house). App ( v.2.0.1) opens to the Security tab and showed car was unlocked; OK. I selected the Battery tab and App displayed Battery 100% charge. I thought great, good-to-go. One hour later, in a rush, I get in the car to go, power up, and car display shows Battery 89%.

Returning from my 73-mi. trip (with 20% Batt. left), I plugged the timed-charger cable into the car.
In the house, and well before any charging, I opened the App , checked the Battery and it shows 100% and "Battery is unplugged"; All wrong ; Battery actually 20% and IS plugged.
I then tap the 2-headed circle in lower-left of App screen and it reads"Get Vehicle Status Failed" and "Unable to contact your vehicle".
So the App defaults to all-full when it's not connected.

I guess I should start over to set up this App. But I don't like the idea of opening the App and seeing all is well when it isn't

Anybody else have these problems?
Ed
2015 Soul EV (Feb'15)

My experience is that the app shows previous status (latest pull of info from the car) until it is able to connect. You have to make sure it updates every time.

Back