Painting the rims

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ever

If you don't like the rims like me, check out this video.

https://youtu.be/8z8xFxzQa2Y

Wow Ever!

What a huge improvement this is.

Thanks for bringing this to life in a terrific video that both proves the point and also makes it clear how simple a change this is to do!

As goofy as the white wheels look, I had -- thinking the white could not be easily changed -- persuaded myself that the white was actually a necessary part of the overall EV "vibe."

First thing I did after watching your video was to go on to Amazon to order a can of the PlastiDip.

Thanks again.

I'd be interested to see how durable the plasti dip is. I've seen a few cars with color comming off their rims.

JejuSoul said:
Great video, those black rims do look better. Thanks for sharing.
tiburonh said:
Wow Ever!

What a huge improvement this is.

Thanks for bringing this to life in a terrific video that both proves the point and also makes it clear how simple a change this is to do!

As goofy as the white wheels look, I had -- thinking the white could not be easily changed -- persuaded myself that the white was actually a necessary part of the overall EV "vibe."

First thing I did after watching your video was to go on to Amazon to order a can of the PlastiDip.

Thanks again.
tractioninc said:
Thanks - now you've got me wondering what they would look like with the inserts painted silver to match the rest of the wheel.
Thanks, glad you guys liked it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ptrs said:
I'd be interested to see how durable the plasti dip is. I've seen a few cars with color comming off their rims.
Ya, I'm wondering the same question myself. I was told the paint is suppose to be very durable. Only time will tell I guess.

I too was unhappy with the white wheels. Inspired by the video by EVER, I just did the same thing. I scheduled at the same time as I needed to rotate the tires. I really like the results.

No problems except that the Plasti-Dip spray is pretty coarse and requires a few coats to cover the white.

Now, I wonder, how long will the coating last. Maybe EVER has enough experience to give us his report on endurance ?

Back