CarPlay and volume of calls and music

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattgorski

I've installed CarPlay and like the format and screens. I can't use it however.

The volume coming through on either music or calls is not even close to loud enough. I've got the car turned all the way up and can barely hear either. I can't seem to find a volume on the phone that works when it is plugged in.

When I unplug the cord on a call and switch to Bluetooth, the volume for me is better and the person on the other end says they can hear me much better.

I can't find anything on this by searching Google or in here.

Does anyone else have this issue?

PS - I've had the issue with my old iPhone 6s Plus with latest updates, as well as my iPhone 7 with latest iOS.

I've noticed the volume of phone calls on carplay seems low. Other apps like Spotify and Audible seem a little low but not as bad as the phone.

With bluetooth, the volume on the phone affects the volume you hear, but not with carplay. Changing the volume on the phone will not change anything.

The volume of music is great - the volume on a phone call is horribly low. I can barely hear the other person talking even at full volume.

With Bluetooth I can make myself go deaf from how loud the callers voice is.

So I finally found a fix for this.

I ordered a "Carlinkit" 2air Wireless USB Adapter.

This converts the USB plug in the Kia from Carplay to Wireless Carplay (You plug the adapter into the carplay port)

The Kia now has Wireless Carplay (and Android Auto, but I don't use that) and the call volume while on Carplay is great.

The only drawback is that there is a little lag in auto transitions for songs as you switch between tracks - thats a "feature" of the non-wired connection, and the data stream of the sound quality is probably slightly less (again, because wireless) but the volume on the phone calls more than makes up for this.

Back