Front License Plate

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmoothJ

So when I picked up my car, they drilled into the front bumber to put add my front license plate. Is there a better way to mount the plate in front? My Cadenza had a nice plastic mount, but I don't see something like that for the Soul EV... :/

That's the right way to do it. There are 4 dimples in the front bumper for the 2 different license plate sizes. Then you can put the plate in a plastic surround if you like, I added a Dr. Who themed one, "My other ride is the Tardis"

Edit to fix autocorrect.

notfred said:
That's the right way to do it. There are 4 dimples in the front bumper for the 2 different license plate sizes. Then you can put the plate in a plastic surround if you like, I added a Dr. Who themed one, "My other ride is the Tarnished"

I guess I just don't like the look of having a front plate. As part of the "deal" at the dealership, they were not supposed to put holes in the front bumper for the plate (even though NJ is required to have it), but they didn't listen.

So basically there is no other "mount" then? :/

Not a fan of having a front license plate also, but I have no choice. I just bought a frame to make it look better.

Back