Soul (EV) moments

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henderrj

Went to Fred Meyer (supermarket). They have a club, like most, and gas pumps - for which they give a discount the more you buy.

The clerk says "At the bottom this long part shows that you have a lot of fuel points saved up. Did you know you get a discount for gas at our station?" My wife says "We don't use gas, we have an electric car."

We got that blank stare "what planet are you from" look. We had to explain that our car uses batteries and zero fossil fuel. Unfortunately she had other people in line so we couldn't explain much, but it still amazes me that there are people, especially in the NW, that don't even know there are electric cars!

Perhaps, she use the bus/metro ... and don't have car at all. ;)
In NY, London, Paris, Berlin, Zurich, it's pretty commun that workers don't have car.

I have, too, this great moment when you indicate that this car (by pointing the Soul EV) is a "pure electric" ... and the people don't understand why a "petrol cover car" can be electric, too ... now.

And after that, they always say "it's the futur".
Well, we drive the futur, gentleman.

:mrgreen:

I had a great moment today while getting gas for the snow blower. I pulled up to the gas station, and the attendant comes by. He asks where is your gas hatch? He then looked on the other side, and was confused. I said, I have none since this is a electric car, and I don't use any gas. He was then really confused, and tried to figure out why I was there. I then showed him the gas containers with a smile on my face then we started to talk about how I like the electric car, and how much was it, etc.

I had one of those calls about gas cards from my company the other day - they couldn't get my cars didn't take gas! You'd think they'd know after years of Teslas and Leafs on the road...

Back