little issues?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomlamb

Has anyone with the car been able to connect the UVO App on an iPhone or Android? I am stuck at the "in Car Setup" screen. I have the UVO working through the website, but when the instructions say connect to USB, go to UVO screen, then press parking minder, I have no parking minder icon.

The second issue is from the manual, I should be able to turn off the welcome tone, but no option exists in settings on my car, is that the same on yours?

Finally, the manual states the Day Time Running LED lights are automatic, but on my electric they only come on while the parking lights are selected, is this the same on yours?

These are minor, and may be as intended, but....

I was able to get the Android EVO software working with my Soul EV. Here is the order that I set everything up:
1. Downloaded App to my Android phone (Droid Maxx).
2. Created an account via the app including VIN number etc.
3. Connected my phone via Bluetooth to my car (not sure if this is a required).
4. Navigated to the UVO app on my car and entered my account information as an "existing" account.
Everything seems to be fine. I am able to unlock / lock doors, set temperature, etc. The software is a bit sluggish but I really only wanted to use it to verify the charge on the vehicle.

As for the day time running lights, I agree. Seems like they are off unless I turn the parking sights on.

If you figure out how to turn off the welcome tone (and the good bye tone), I am interested. It was a cool feature at first but now the sound is a bit repetitive.

Hi APSOUL

About welcome tone according to owner's manual on 4-45 pages it says

"welcome sound
if this iteme is checked, the welcome sound function will be activated".

so it is on ODB menu where you can setup your car language/ door/ lamps etc...and you will find this option Under settings.

Hope it helps

by the way here is usefull pdf links

http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73

I'm in the same boat with regards to the LED DRL eyebrows; they don't come on unless the headlamps are on.

I had a little trouble getting the app set up but now it is and everything seems to be working fine. I do wish I could send a destination to the GPS from the phone like I could with my Volt's OnStar app (on the rare occasion it worked at all). Does anyone know if this is possible in the Soul?

I haven't tinkered with the chimes yet but they're getting old. Sounds like my LG washer when I shut the car off. Maybe it's a Korean thing.

Migui94, Tomlamb,

It certainly says there is an uncheck welcome sound option via user settings in the manual however it doesn't exist in my car's settings menu.

:?

AyeJay said:
Migui94, Tomlamb,

It certainly says there is an uncheck welcome sound option via user settings in the manual however it doesn't exist in my car's settings menu.

:?

Ok, at least it is consistent, I'll ask kia next time I am in there....

My only issue is the charging lights screaming into the darkness. I wish they were hooked up to the light sensor and act accordingly, i.e. tone it down in the dark. Daytime it's no problem, of course.

Got my first truly weird issue last night, the SOC bars started flickering.

They would go out very quickly from the bottom up, usually just the red bars but sometimes more. I have a video of this condition but don't know how to post it here. It went on for about 40 minutes.

The rest of the display was operating normally, even the "brackets" around the bars, so that leads me to believe this was some sort of software glitch and not a hardware malfunction. After I parked the car for a while and restarted it they stopped flickering and it hasn't come back.

Anyone else?

mtndrew1 said:

They would go out very quickly from the bottom up, usually just the red bars but sometimes more. I have a video of this condition but don't know how to post it here. It went on for about 40 minutes.

The rest of the display was operating normally, even the "brackets" around the bars, so that leads me to believe this was some sort of software glitch and not a hardware malfunction. After I parked the car for a while and restarted it they stopped flickering and it hasn't come back.

Anyone else?

Haven't see that on mine (yet?)

Tomlamb said:
mtndrew1 said:

Anyone else?

If you wanna see it, PM me your email address and I'll shoot the video over. It seemed to have no relation to speed, vibration, acceleration, or any other external influences. After it went away following a restart I chalked it up to a software bug. Time will tell!

I wish the miles trip meter numbers (A and B) were the same big size as the m/kWh number (in the center of the dash). It would be easier to spot/follow. I find myself mostly following the m/kWh (4.4 at present) then trip, since that screen is so busy with trip miles number on the little side.

mtndrew1 said:
Tomlamb said:
mtndrew1 said:

Anyone else?

If you wanna see it, PM me your email address and I'll shoot the video over. It seemed to have no relation to speed, vibration, acceleration, or any other external influences. After it went away following a restart I chalked it up to a software bug. Time will tell!

Wow, I saw it too! I even pointed it out to my wife sitting in the passenger seat. Yes, the SOC redline blinked whileI was driving home from dinner But the next day, it stopped. That was a week ago, and it hasn't happened since.

GeekGuam said:
Wow, I saw it too! I even pointed it out to my wife sitting in the passenger seat. Yes, the SOC redline blinked whileI was driving home from dinner But the next day, it stopped. That was a week ago, and it hasn't happened since.

This makes me feel a lot better that it's not an issue with my specific car. This happened on my third full charge, I believe. I wonder if there's some glitch where one of the first few charges freaks out the SOC software? So bizarre!

So, I spoke to the Kia service Mgr at Kia of DTLA and we went through the little issues and while he is not positive, he thinks the Daytime Running lights are not there for power savings (we verified that a regular Soul operates as expected and the EV does not).

On the start and stop tunes that play, he stated it is like the Hybrid where to option to turn off was removed. He suspects this is because the car is silent and Kia wanted to make sure drives know when it is on or off.

In any case, he said he would bring it up to the Kia regional rep as the owners documentation that comes with the car should be corrected if these items function as intended.

On the app side, it was user error and he helped me correct it...

I have not been able to turn on climate remotely through iPhone, I always seem to get an error. Anyone else tried this yet with any luck?

ElectricSoul said:
I have not been able to turn on climate remotely through iPhone, I always seem to get an error. Anyone else tried this yet with any luck?

It has worked for me. One time it didn't is when I was 3 floors deep in an underground parking

Regarding the welcome sound, Kia considers it part of their "sonic branding", whatever the heck that is:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/07/10/kia-sonic-branding-soul-sedona-jingle/12445381/

so I am 2500 miles in, and for the most part ignore the "sonic branding" the only other issue I just noticed is sometimes my radio switched modes from FM to AM shortly after I start up.

Tomlamb said:
so I am 2500 miles in, and for the most part ignore the "sonic branding" the only other issue I just noticed is sometimes my radio switched modes from FM to AM shortly after I start up.

I reported this same issue on the Kia Soul Facebook group and several others confirmed that it's happening to them as well. It may have been addressed in an update since it hasn't happened in the last day or so to me.

Back