Cruise Control

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AyeJay

Greetings Soul EV'ers,

This seems counter-intuitive but when using the CC feature on the freeway at 65mph my eco level rates go down ... ie: a loss of range.

It's very convenient however I believe my car does better eco-level-wise with me controlling it manually.

-- Is this true for you other Soul EV drivers as well?

AJ

AyeJay said:
Greetings Soul EV'ers,

This seems counter-intuitive but when using the CC feature on the freeway at 65mph my eco level rates go down ... ie: a loss of range.

It's very convenient however I believe my car does better eco-level-wise with me controlling it manually.

-- Is this true for you other Soul EV drivers as well?

AJ

The ideal speeds for range are indicated on the speedometer segments in green. Since 65 MPH is well outside of the ideal range speed, I'd imagine it has more to do with that than the use of cruise control.

Cruise usage is probably still more efficient at any given speed, but the car is "punishing" you for driving faster than ideal.

Thanks mtndrew1

CC is set up very nicely for highway use (the + and - feature is great for adjusting it to the speed of surrounding traffic).

Yes, at speeds above 60mph the car's range does suffer but it's not always possible to be safe & maintain that as a maximum speed out there in the real world.

:shock:

Back