Ever

New software update installation (video)

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm

How to install Android Auto or Apple Carplay on your infotainment system.

https://youtu.be/HQR6kGMCJ3k

SoulEV2016

Re: New software update installation (video)

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:29 am

1) can you change the language of the whole GPS menu ? (on the start, i see "language" on the bottom-right)
2) can you know if GPS navigation (MAP) is update, too ? Because i'm in France ... and don't want the Canadian MAP :D
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

mysoulev

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:33 am

I got the 404 Page not found error.

just called Kia Canada and they said the launch has been pushed back (again) for couple weeks.

can't wait to get this ...
Andy - SoulEV
"But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed, analyzed, and replaced with new weaknesses." BL - Register Allocation in Optimizing Compilers

mysoulev

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:25 am

the link on kia.ca is still not working yet, so i followed the link on FB group and did the upgrade last night,
it took a long time to download the 9+GB file from kia.com, then format and write to the SD card,
the update of the head unit was relatively quicker.

OK Google ....

:D :lol: :roll:

Andy - SoulEV
"But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed, analyzed, and replaced with new weaknesses." BL - Register Allocation in Optimizing Compilers

Gordonpapa

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Please post the specific URLs for the Apple CarPlay software upgrade that were supplied by Pierre-Étienne Messier. I have been unable to find them or the thread by Mike Lambert in the Soul EV Facebook group.

Thank you

SmoothJ

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm

Just checked my update page, and still has the same version of last year (US):

ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

mysoulev

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 am

Gordonpapa wrote:Please post the specific URLs for the Apple CarPlay software upgrade that were supplied by Pierre-Étienne Messier. I have been unable to find them or the thread by Mike Lambert in the Soul EV Facebook group.

Thank you

you need to expand the conversation and search for the following post dated July 6 at 7:54am

Pierre-Étienne Messier Great! Our complaints were not done in vain :) Update in progress!

Note that the update only updates the A/V system, not the maps. For me it's ok, I'll use Google Maps instead!

I've had problems downloading the update too. They seems to have wrongly identified the VIN for Titanium Soul EV (we are getting update for regular Soul instead -- you can tell because the product code is "PS" instead of "PSEV" inside the update.ini file). Note that your VIN is only needed for the website to choose the file you'll need to download.

UPDATE: The VIN is really needed at the end of the link otherwise you won't get the updated maps in the download. Replace "VIN..." with your VIN, available on a sticker on the side of the driver's door or in the windshield on the driver's side.

UPDATE July 6: added Mac links.

The final download (using the application below) should be around 9Gb.

2015 PC: https://updateaccess.kia.com/.../SFX/PR ... n.exe......

2015 Mac: https://updateaccess.kia.com/.../SFX/PR ... n.dmg......

2016 PC: https://updateaccess.kia.com/.../SFX/PR ... n.exe......

2016 Mac: https://updateaccess.kia.com/.../SFX/PR ... n.dmg......

Instructions:
http://www.kia.ca/.../smartph.../Instru ... ard_EN.pdf
Like · July 6 at 7:54am · Edited
Andy - SoulEV

Gordonpapa

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:39 am

I am a Mac user and have a 2016 Soul EV+.

When I click on the relevant link above, I get a "File not found" message.

The Instruction link takes me to a 404 page on the Kia.ca site and then to a "Where's the Soul?" graphic.

dee

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Thank you! The direct links from the FB post given above worked perfectly on our 2016 Soul EV in Canada. The kia.ca software upgrade site is still not listing the Soul EV as a supported model for some reason (and not validating the corresponding VINs). I had been tracking this page regularly until I came across this post.

Definitely enjoying Google navigation over the default maps. We're now driving with the SD card taken out altogether so that the default maps are not loaded at all. It's frustrating that they originally wanted to charge $300+ for Android Auto/Carplay support bundled with map updates.

abarj

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello there
please the link is not working and I need to download the update, I'm in a big problem, I got my Soul from USA to Jordan, and the car uvo can't be activated automatically, I need to download it like the vedio,
At least how can I get the speed in km, all of my cars I got before from USA I can change the unit freely, wtf with this car.?
My last chance is Google auto (Google maps)
So any help here

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”