EWBurden

Re: New software update installation (video)

Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am

Finally got this update done. Noticed when downloading to computer the KIA app does want the SD card attached to the computer so it can recognize it as the final destination. It actually does the download to your computer but then it immediately goes to a copy step to transfer the file from your computer to the SD card. (You can click a box to keep the files on your computer, but the default is for it to delete the download after the copy is done.)

The install in the car went good. Except I hate sitting in the car watching the screen for about an hour. Oh and the occasional black screen it goes to between install sections always scares me.

But it all worked. I know have Nav maps which I didn't before as the car didn't have an SD card with it when I bought it.

Besides the map upgrade it has made little changes in other spots too—my music display is updated—took my a couple tries ot find the shuffle button. But all in all it is all good. Haven't come across the sounds of nature mentioned above yet!

Now I guess one of us just has to check every few months to see if there are new updates on the update site.

ernie

lfp

Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:42 am

EWBurden wrote:Glad your update worked.
The new update looks like a Nav update only. Not sure if it requires the UVO subscription...though it would need some sort of connection so that was my assumption.
The "new" Kia update site is https://update.kia.com
That's where i've looked at it today. I order a new bigger SD card today form Amazon just so I can try it. $15 bucks for some fun. And no need to social distance... :)

Hi, the link is not working, any alternatives?
Thanks

EWBurden

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:14 pm

The Kia link?
I just clicked it and it worked.

The Amazon link just goes to amazon if you need to buy an SD card while social distancing...

Thanks,
ernie

lfp

Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:29 pm

I'm getting this error...

EWBurden

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Weird. Try this:

https://update.kia.com/CA/EN/Main

(That is from Canada...where are you?)

ernie

lfp

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:32 pm

I’m from Portugal, now I can access.
Can I use this for Europe?
Thanks

EWBurden

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:48 pm

That explains it.
No, that link is only for North America.

Sorry for the confusion.

ernie

lfp

Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:54 pm

With your last link I can see the page ok, my doubt is can I use this files in Europe?
Thanks

IanL

Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:46 pm

The program installation guide shows Korea, USA and Canada only. Maybe the software would run, but you might not find the European maps :(

EWBurden

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:57 am

This update will only install on a car with either the US software or the Canadian software. You can only install the country specific upgrade version.

I know because my car was originally registered in the US, but since I'm in Canada I tried using the Canadian update first, thinking I needed it for the correct maps. It would not work. I had to use the US version. Both the Canadian version and the US version have map updates for both Canada and the USA.

If you check the software version via the info menu in car as a US car I see: ST.PSEV.USA.ES.......
And the Canadian software is: ST.PSEV.CDN.....

I am assuming somewhere there is a European update version...somewhere.

ernie

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”