UVO - how does it work, has it recently gotten really unreliable?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpendleton

I leased a 2017 Kia Soul EV a little less than a month ago.

As you might expect, I've used the Uvo app a lot - checking my charge, playing around with turning on the heat/defroster before I'd leave in the morning, etc. It's a new car, with a new toy, of course I'm going to use it more than I'm sure I eventually will.

But, late last week, it suddenly stopped working reliably. Where before I'd always have to "sync" status with the car to get anything more recent than ~12 hours ago, now it's almost always a day or more old, and requesting a sync doesn't do anything. I can no longer turn on the heat/defroster, or even check the amount of time left to charge (and I'm still charging on 120v at home...).

Anyone else having recent problems with Uvo, or know what's up?

I've also set up my home wifi in my car's wifi settings - I assumed this would mean that my car would get on the wifi while it's in range, and make checkin times from the app or website *faster*, since they wouldn't have to go over the cell network, which I assume is rate-limited for cost purposes. But it doesn't seem to matter.

And, yes, the car always shows it has good reception, often with LTE.

Also, though current charge + climate state seems to not update, the "Trip Info" always seems to show my most recent drives anyway. So, clearly my car is sending data *somewhere*.

How did you get the software update?

In my case, it's become intermittent. I will get errors about UVO being unable to reach the car, but it'll usually work again after a drive or a charge cycle, or if I manually tweak settings from the dashboard UI (eg, the time I have set for it to pre-warm some mornings). The period when I wrote the above message was the only really picky time I've had.

Back