New SOUL EV Plus!

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagular

Hi,

Our '12 Nissan Leaf lease came due and while we considered leasing a '15 Leaf, we moved to the Soul EV Plus instead and a couple hundred miles into it, we're really happy with it. First, let me say, we really liked our Leaf. But it's clear that Kia did its research and created a car to compete directly against the Leaf. We had the Leaf SL so we're comparing top-of-the-line to top-of-the-line.

What do we like about the Soul compared to the '12 Leaf (no particular order and not comprehensive - just off the top of my head)?

Range is better
Mileage gauge is more accurate
Automatic folding mirrors
B mode (regenerative braking)
Heated and cooled seats (front)
Heated seats (rear)
Navigation is better
Bluetooth quality is better
HD Radio included along with XM and Pandora
Adjustable steering response (normal, comfort, sport)
Leather seating (not an option in '12 for the Leaf)
6.6 charging (again for the '12, 3.3)
Chademo is standard
Cruise control, actually all steering controls, are better quality
Steering wheel has blue stitching
Nicer feel to the radio controls on computer interface
Better power train warranty (if we decide to buy it at the end of the lease)
Because of the earlier EV infrastructure limitations, we put a mere 14k over three years on the Leaf (not the Leaf's fault certainly)
Lease is less expensive (to be fair, we were early Leaf adopters and ordered ours from the factory and paid full bore - never again!)

How about the Leaf?

The Leaf is definitely faster
We liked that the Leaf looked unusual; the Soul looks like every other hamster Soul out there
The Leaf wheels are nicer (not fans of the Soul EV wheels)
We prefer the Cayenne Red color (Soul EV comes in white, blue and black)
Navigation updates appear to be over the air(?) - the Soul EV needs an updated SIM

I'm looking forward to interacting on this site as I did on the Leaf board!

The charging station updates on the Leaf are over the air (though terribly inaccurate and out of date), but the maps themselves also require a new SD card to update...

Jagular said:
Navigation updates appear to be over the air(?) - the Soul EV needs an updated SIM

Back