Sending Audio from Waze Android App to Car Speakers

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaleighRon

Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but if I connect my Android phone via Bluetooth to the Soul EV, I can successfully hear audio from phone calls through the car's speakers, but I cannot hear audio at all from any phone app, such as Waze.

In order to hear the instructions from Waze, I have to turn off my phone's Bluetooth, and then I hear Waze instructions through my phone's speakers only, which is OK, but then incoming phone calls of course don't connect into the car's speakers.

Is there any way I can have audio from both phone calls and Waze app instructions go to the car's speakers?

I haven't tried setting up Android Auto -- perhaps that is the way to go?

Android Auto is indeed the best way to go. If you don't have Android Auto setup then all the instructions from the navigation apps go to the car audio system as Bluetooth media so you would need to have the audio input set to that to hear them.

I agree that Android Auto is the way to go. I got my car a week ago and initially, I thought downloading the app and learning new interfaces was hassle I didn't want to go through. But, after spending about 15 min watching youtube videos of Anrdoid Auto I decided to give it a try. The interface is so much easier to use when it all shows up on the large screen. The advantage with Waze will be that not only audo comes through, but the actual nav map projects to your center screen too. You'll also be able to interface with it (select alternate routes, etc) all from the center screen rather than messing with your smaller phone screen.

Also, the integration with Google assistant is awesome. Makes calls, texting, and many other app integrations much easier to use with voice commands.

Back