Changing the clock time...

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iletric

I have tried it tonight and cannot crack it. Opened the big book and found out there is no index entry for "set" "reset" "time" or "clock". Go figure...

Anyone has had more luck resetting the time before I have to waste my time googling this triviality or call the dealer on Monday? Frustrating, wife says.

Update: GPS time clock is responsible for keeping the time. It did not do its thing until I went in the clock mode a few times trying all the buttons, and all of a sudden I noticed the time has finally corrected.

Turning GPS to off lets you change time, date, etc. I still don't know what went on, so in the future I'll turn it off and on and see if it effects the time change. Car has been turned off and on (driven) a few times today, and it did not change time on its own with the GPS timekeeper on. So something's amiss, obviously. I am keeping GPS on for now.

Got a call today from the Kia customer services. Told him all about it. Was typing like mad everything I said to him.

Like the car won't let you lock it upon egress until you're physically out with the fob. Kinda bugs me, Leaf was not doing that. Now, if I left the fob inside it would unlock itself and beep and all was well.

Also, can't open charging port unless you power off. Not necessary. One should be able to open it as long as car is in Park with power on or off.

Back