Ontario EV Charging Infrastructure

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthNick

It was recently announced that Ontario would be investing $20M in creating a network of public EV charging stations. I just stumbled upon a guide with details of the goals for the program, which are pretty exciting. A few highlights:

• - They are focused on building Level 3 chargers (though will support Level 2s where appropriate)
    - Deadline for applications is in February, and they would like to start building as soon as possible after a March review
    - They are aiming for a distance of 60-80 km in between stations (perfect for Soul EVs in all weather conditions!)
    - Didn't see any info regarding prevention of ICEing :(

You can find a link to both the guide and application form HERE. Applications are currently open until February 12th.

I think this is super exciting for Soul EV owners in Ontario, and will definitely help our cars retain their value with a (hopefully) very-extensive L3 charging network in place within the next few years!

Many thanks for posting this, super exciting to see that we should be getting L3s through Ontario soon.

I'm personally hoping to be able to get to Kingston and back with this new funding.

Here is the first one I've seen in the news.
Wrong direction for me but at least it's happening
Ingersoll is partnering with the County of Oxford in applying for funding to install an electric vehicle (EV) fast charging station in town.

From the Ingersoll times.

Ingersoll is partnering with the County of Oxford in applying for funding to install an electric vehicle (EV) fast charging station in town.
Council gave a green light to filing an application through a $20 million grant program offered by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) after reviewing a report from town engineer Sandra Lawson.

Besides Ingersoll, the county is looking to apply for funding for EVSEs in Woodstock and Tillsonburg.

“The application would look at sites that meet the criteria by being travel destinations, close to (Highway) 401 and within 60 and 80 kilometres of each other,” Lawson said.

Back