Soul Spy?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello experts ,
i want to test first time my soul battery soh with soul spy so help needed , i did few attampt didn't work
- i ve bluetooth obdii scanner ELM 327 seems work with soul ,
1) when car is off that time should i plug ELM 327 and start car in auxilary mode or Drive mode and drive car normally and data will start to load in soul spy ?
2) start car in auxilary mode than plug obd ii and wait till data load and drive with plugged obd ii ?

which is correct way #1 or # 2 ?

sorry for stupid question , but what are correct steps as above to connect obd with soul ev for data load in soul spy .
help appriciated , thanks in advance.

** at present car has 114000 KM
** i am driving from almost a week
** find no major issue , except two time random issue of yellow EV triangle , but also gone by it self so still not sure what to do ?
** at present i am using only Trickle charger ,by this weeked i will install nema 6-20 ( 240 v /16 Amp) from than i will use that one
** at present 100% charge give GOM 115 Km range
** by above information can any expert (assuming ) my battery is bad enough to claim warranty ?

thanks

JeroenE said:
So I'm guessing this is were it will stay at. It's a bit lower than when I got the car and I'm not really sure why it is stuck there.
Well, it turns out it wasn't stuck at all. I recently drove the car long enough again to get below 18% and now SoulSpy reports 108,3% SoH. The GOM says 154km range (without climate control) so I guess it finally thinks I got an actual new battery.

Strange, how many times did you went below 19% in this time?

Oinq said:
Strange, how many times did you went below 19% in this time?
In the beginning I did it a few times to get better readings right after I had gotten the new battery, I'd say about 5 times. But since it did not seem to improve much I wasn't inclined to keep trying every few days because I needed to drive around aimlessly to get that low. I think I didn't go below 18% for about a month. And then I needed to do some errands and knew I would probably be able to get it really low so I didn't charge after my commute and went below 18% then next day.

it's a funny behavior. It's obvious that the BMS needs a certain amount of energy spent to calibrate the readings.
I noticed the first times I charged mine just after I got it (the dealer made a reset before delivery), it was stuck on the same values. After a few weeks, it started moving.

Oinq said:
it's a funny behavior. It's obvious that the BMS needs a certain amount of energy spent to calibrate the readings.
I noticed the first times I charged mine just after I got it (the dealer made a reset before delivery), it was stuck on the same values. After a few weeks, it started moving.
The strange thing is that when the BMS values got reset after the BMS firmware upgrade it took the car less than two weeks to get back on the low range it was before.

I find this happens with a normal battery too. In the winter the range drops far more quickly than it'll rise in the spring. I guess the developers of the software did this on purpose.

I guess they didn't see a need to program something special to recognise a newly installed battery, either.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say (in case it might help someone) that I was having lots of problems connecting, etc until I went into the Soul's all apps->settings->device connections and deleted my paired phone from the list. Then it worked perfectly. Then it was a simple matter to re-pair my phone afterwards.

FLKiaEV said:
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say (in case it might help someone) that I was having lots of problems connecting, etc until I went into the Soul's all apps->settings->device connections and deleted my paired phone from the list. Then it worked perfectly. Then it was a simple matter to re-pair my phone afterwards.

Thanks for this!

The slightly less old thread, specifically for Soul EV Spy User's questions, is this one:
https://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1193&start=70

I have taken the liberty of cross-posting your very helpful finding in the above thread :D

Locking this old thread, please use the new one:
https://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1193&start=70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back