stroom

Re: 2015 Soul EV: My Battery Replacement Story

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:28 am

I did not quite understand what the author of the topic wanted. If you want to know the status of your battery - do a test! And provide it to the court.

jando1st

Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:10 pm

Hey all, Happy Holidays!!
Does anyone know if the new Kia/Hyundai 64 kWh battery will fit in a 27 kWh 2016 Soul EV?
Dimensions, physical connections, BMS etc?
Sorry if this is a dumb question I’m a newbie to EV’s and just had my battery replaced under warranty. The range has already dropped from 96 miles to 86 miles in about a month. Cant find anything written about upgrading one.

Kish

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:49 pm

jando1st wrote:Hey all, Happy Holidays!!
Does anyone know if the new Kia/Hyundai 64 kWh battery will fit in a 27 kWh 2016 Soul EV?
Dimensions, physical connections, BMS etc?
Sorry if this is a dumb question I’m a newbie to EV’s and just had my battery replaced under warranty. The range has already dropped from 96 miles to 86 miles in about a month. Cant find anything written about upgrading one.

Unfortunately, this will not be possible. The new generation of batteries are completely redesigned and are incompatible with the old Soul EVs. Not to mention they are physically much larger and have a different shape.

On an unrelated note, my Soul EV stopped charging today. I'm getting a "External charger Error" and the dreaded 3-LED blue blink on the dash. I tried multiple Lv2 charging stations, but looks like the OBC is toast. This car already had the OBC replaced before (by the previous owner) and was charging at 28A, so this will be the 3rd OBC on this car once it is replaced.
2015 Soul EV+ | 52k miles
2017 Bolt EV Premier | 62k miles

Return to “Batteries and Charging”