Speedometer or Instrument Cluster Software update

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is interested in the decision to transfer the dashboard from miles to kilometers, write in a personal. Not for free.

Hi, I would be interested in purchasing the tools/software or whatever is required to enable the software upgrade for the instrument cluster to switch form miles to kilometers. Let me know. THANKS. I live in Canada.

Can you point me to the Canadian on the forum who does cluster reprogramming from mph to kph? I live in Canada and am considering importing a 2016 Kia Soul EV from the USA. Thanks.

If you need to do this once - send the instrument panel (to Ukraine), I will do it for you. Or I’ll give the number of a person who can do this in Ukraine too.

Thanks Stroom. I am looking into getting it done in the US which is what local Canadian Kia Dealer does before importing Soul EV from the US. Cheers.

Hello,
Does anyone succeed in converting the digital tacho yet?
No matter in Canada or in the Ukraine.

The cluster receives data from 5 different moduls, so reprogramming the cluster software will not solve the mph/kmph problem. The cluster will return to the original unit (mph) whenever stop and leave your car. Maybe the cluster will indicate kmph BUT will count in miles, i.e. you drive 100 kms in fact, but the counter in instrument panel will grow by 60.... The same accures to remaining estimated mileage... The KIA Soul EV cannot converted from mph to kmph if the car was produced to US market... That's for 100% sure... All effort and money is just waste ....

Back