New software update installation (video)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
krox said:
But she is also English. How to make Russian?

RUSSIAN: Для перевода на русский язык мультимедиа ГУ, необходима доработка и перепрошивка ГУ в условиях мастерской. В Одессе есть специалист, который добился успеха в этом вопросе. Стоимость услуги по переводу мультимедиа на русский язык + навигация и карты Европы = 350$. Но при такой доработке и прошивке НЕ будет работать Android Auto и Apple Car Play!!! :(
А это сводит целесообразность такой переделки в ноль!
Этот же мастер выполняет перепрошивку приборной панели на километры и на русский язык. Цена услуги = 80$. Это действительно полезно и актуально!
Контакты мастера в Одессе: Александр, +38(063)856-45-19
СТО «Autohelp»
ЖМ Радужный, 1/9, Одеса, Одеська область, 65000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kQ6idyDYm9z9rzMR6
https://autohelp.od.ua/

ENGLISH: For reworking multimedia into Russian, revision and flashing of a multimedia device in a workshop is necessary. In Odessa, there is a master who has achieved success in this matter. The cost of the multimedia translation service into Russian + navigation and maps of Europe = $ 350. But with such a revision and firmware, Android Auto and Apple Car Play will NOT work !!! :(
The same master performs a flashing of the dashboard for kilometers and into Russian language. Service price = $ 80.
Contact the master in Odessa: Alexander, +38(063)856-45-19
Services "Autohelp"
District "Rainbow", 1/9, Odessa, Ukraine, 65000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/kQ6idyDYm9z9rzMR6
https://autohelp.od.ua/

Hello friends, i searching uvo update for my Kia forte 2016 and cant find anything, can i use this firmware for my Kia forte, will it work for me, what you think ?

Fansite said:
My friend shared the previously downloaded firmware. I checked it out. I updated multimedia in my car. Everything turned out well. As a result of the update, my previous version of ST.PSEV.USA.E483.151002 was replaced with a new one: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

For a while I will post an archive with this firmware on my Google Drive. Do not thank)))

Download link from Google Drive: Kia_Gen4_Software_2016

Photo: Before update and After update

UPD: While I was looking for the firmware version I needed, I came across some version of software for Canada. On my car, she did not fit. When trying to update, the message appeared on the screen: "Not compatible with hardware version. Please check and try again."

If someone needs a version for Canada, you can download it here.

suzikost said:
Hello friends, i searching uvo update for my Kia forte 2016 and cant find anything, can i use this firmware for my Kia forte, will it work for me, what you think ?

This is an update for an electric vehicle, which as a massive amount of computers that your car will not have, and equally computes that your car has and this one doesn't. I doubt it would install in the first place, but I wouldn't advise trying it out if it did.

Fansite said:
My friend shared the previously downloaded firmware. I checked it out. I updated multimedia in my car. Everything turned out well. As a result of the update, my previous version of ST.PSEV.USA.E483.151002 was replaced with a new one: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

For a while I will post an archive with this firmware on my Google Drive. Do not thank)))

UPD: While I was looking for the firmware version I needed, I came across some version of software for Canada. On my car, she did not fit. When trying to update, the message appeared on the screen: "Not compatible with hardware version. Please check and try again."

I want to thank you so much for this link I recently used this to update my 2016 to allow for carplay and I really like it a whole lot. If not for the discussions here and that link of yours I probably would have spent time or money sorting it out. The update worked great for my US model and the youtube video from DaxM also helped me when installing it that person has a nice youtube with some helpful hints and vids even though he has a telsa now his soul ev vids really helped me push to get one and I am glad I did so far so great. Thanks again this thread and all the comments were a big help for me.

freesoulev said:
Fansite said:

I want to thank you so much for this link I recently used this to update my 2016 to allow for carplay and I really like it a whole lot. If not for the discussions here and that link of yours I probably would have spent time or money sorting it out. The update worked great for my US model and the youtube video from DaxM also helped me when installing it that person has a nice youtube with some helpful hints and vids even though he has a telsa now his soul ev vids really helped me push to get one and I am glad I did so far so great. Thanks again this thread and all the comments were a big help for me.
I am very glad that my information and links was useful to you.
Good luck!

For the benefit of others I just wanted to confirm this still works and worked great for my 2016 Kia Soul EV+ in the US. I pulled the SD card, dragged over the upgrade folder to the root of the SD card, put it back in, hit the update button, and it did its thing. Android Auto is great on this.

Fansite said:

Hi, I am having the same problem. My dealer (in Canada) gave me the link and instructions to download and install the Android Auto update from kia.ca/softwareupdate but that link only takes me to the home page. Urgh! I downloaded the update you put on Google Drive (it took a while, it's a huge download) unzipped it and had a look inside the folder. When I opened the Word file, the text was all in Russian. I am reluctant to install this update. No offense, but I don't want my system to end up in another language ;-) Has anyone else tried this? Can they confirm that Fansite's download on Google Drive will work?

In the meantime, I contacted my dealer again to see if they could put the update on a usb key or sd card for me, but they hit the same wall on the kia website as I did. They then referred me to Kia Canada customer service for help. They say the update is offered by a third party (their site was linking off to that vendor) and is part of an update of the larger GPS maps system. It WAS offered free of charge a couple of years ago as a special promotion, but is now only available at $199 USD! Yikes! I am a bit discouraged. What a pain. Technology is great, but it sure can be a time-waster. Has anyone got any advice?

Thank you for uploading the files to Google Drive!

I installed the update to my 2015 Kia Soul EV+ - which I just bought two days ago - using google drive file and now have working Android Auto and Apple CarPlay! Huzzah!

Unfortunately it says that my navigation system is no longer has the correct maps and will not show anything on the default Kia navigation. This is confusing to me as in the system info it shows that the updated version is a USA version and the nav files I left on the SD card were working prior to the update were also USA.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the UVO nav system work correctly again?

dkqc said:
Fansite said:

Has anyone else tried this? Can they confirm that Fansite's download on Google Drive will work?

I just learned about this upgrade a few days ago. I'm also in Canada, driving a 2015 +. Have you felt brave enough to try that download yet? I've only managed to find a link to instructions on installing the Canadian Software update. Maybe someone here on the forums had done the update and can share the file? Would LOVE access to Apple Carplay.

Out of curiosity, what would happen if I took an upgraded SD Card out of another SoulEV and put it into mine. Would mine upgrade permanently, would the other car stop working? Do the cards need to be in at all times in order for the system to work?

DarthNick said:
dkqc said:
Fansite said:

Has anyone else tried this? Can they confirm that Fansite's download on Google Drive will work?

I just learned about this upgrade a few days ago. I'm also in Canada, driving a 2015 +. Have you felt brave enough to try that download yet? I've only managed to find a link to instructions on installing the Canadian Software update. Maybe someone here on the forums had done the update and can share the file? Would LOVE access to Apple Carplay.

Hi DarthNick, Funny. I was just going to ask you if you had been brave enough. I haven't... If you look at ClayPete's post, it looks like it might have got AndroidAuto to work, but then messed up his maps in the Kia navigation system. This does not inspire confidence in me! Bye for now,
dkqc

mattFromLA said:
Out of curiosity, what would happen if I took an upgraded SD Card out of another SoulEV and put it into mine. Would mine upgrade permanently, would the other car stop working? Do the cards need to be in at all times in order for the system to work?
When you insert an SD Card with updated software the system will update.
System files are copied from the card to the car. 1.5GB
Map files are left on the SD Card. 8GB

If you take out the SD Card after the update, and do not insert another card you will still be running the updated software, but not have the map.

I did not check whether you can run Android Auto without a card inserted, or whether you can insert a second SD Card with an old map and have that work.

Fansite said:

Just like everyone else I wanted to give you a great big thanks for this! I just picked up my 2015 Soul EV today. I had a nearby dealership do an inspection. I specifically asked them to check the software version for me and let me know if it was updated to Include Android Auto. They just came back with "System up to date. No updates available." Imagine my not surprise when it didn't have Android Auto. I'll even step it up a notch and tell you about how I'm pretty sure it had never been updated... ever. The software version date? 140904 Firmware Date: 140630 Needless to say I pushed the update as quick as I could and now my NAV apk and maps are not compatible. Can anyone out there provide NAV and Maps which work with the newer software/firmware combination from this update? I can make due without, but it would sure be nice to have a fully functioning setup.

I've uploaded reference images for after and before to imgur: Here

Should i be worried about the missing version number for "SUBM" after the update?

Hey, great to see that this is possible, however, this version does not work on a norwegian version of Soul EV 2016. Does anyone have the correct version?

Fansite said:

As said by everyone thanks for this posting.

I've recently bought a 2016 Kia Soul EV and and am going to try this update to get Apple CarPlay. I've downloaded both the US and Canadian versions as I'm not sure which will work in my Soul. Thanks again.

The car was originally registered in the US and then imported to Canada in 2019. So, I figure I'll try the Canadian version first and if that error messages out I'll try the US one.

My issue, just to keep things interesting, is the vehicle came to me without any SD card in the slot. My plan is to grab a blank SD card write the update to it and give it a go. Has anyone tried this?

I'll post again to let you know how it all works out, or not...

EWBurden said:
IanL said:

Well that will suck. But without a card I'm kinda in a spot where I might as well try. I ordered a card and a USB card reader last night from Amazon, good price and I can stay home, so when it arrives it a couple days I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the heads up.

ernie

Well, my Amazon order finally showed up yesterday. Today I wrote the Canadian version to the SD card and tried it. No joy. Incompatible firmware error. Though this might happen as the car was originally a US registered vehicle. So I re-wrote the SD card using the US update, plugged it in and success!
Took a couple hours and the restart process scared me a couple times but it all worked. Now have Apple Carplay. I can use Google maps from there for Nav if I want and well it all just worked.
Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.
ernie.

Back