I am writing this post to share with everyone some of the repairs that people in my country (Jordan - middle east) use to change or repair the main battery.
1. Many mechanics install other car batteries to the Soul EV, Nissan leaf 22 KWh batteries are widely used, while others use BMW i3 batteries (33 KWh). Also few cases used the Chevy Bolt battery (62 KWh).
2. VW Golf batteries are also used, some of them are 24 KWh, others are 36 KWh
3. Also some assembled custom batteries are used, a popular choice is 45 KWh battery made of Chevy Bolt cells.
4. Some people replaced few cells, and their cars had a great jump in SOH. I know one case who did that since around 8 months, still his car has an SOH of above 90%.
5. I know 1 guy who sent his car back to the US, and got the battery replaced under warranty, then he shipped the car back to Jordan.
So now, you can find Souls with different battery capacities in the market!, Some of them can travel 400 Km's in a single charge !