Roll call for PacNW Soul EV owners!

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just took delivery of our new Soul EV on this past Thursday evening - lease from Kia of Puyallup. This is our first electric car (though I've flown electric powered model aircraft for over 30 years and have watched batteries go from NiCd to NiMH to various lithium chemistries).

Have yet to see another one Soul EV on the road (just at the two dealers I visited), but then I've just started looking. There are several Nissan Leafs and a couple of Tesla Model Ss at work on a regular basis (Boeing in Renton).

Kirkland appears to be Soul EV central, I saw 3 driving through in like an hour. Oddly one was white with an orange roof, which I'm guessing is aftermarket?

I guess I messed this thread. I have a White 2016 Soul EV+ that I picked up on 7/17/2015 from Kia of Portland (formerly Broadway Kia). I haven't seen any other Soul EVs here in the Kelso/Longview area. I think I saw one in Chehalis a few months ago.

Time to join all of you happy owners. Leased a white 2016 plus on 13 December in Olympia. Have owned three Prius' and am now very happy to no longer use an ICE. Live in Lacey and have one other '16 blue with white top in my neighborhood. Really like the Soul body configuration. Pleasantly surprised at the solidness of it after the Prius' which seemed to always rattle someplace. Now debating whether to get a Level 2 charger. Am retired so no need for commute or any regular travel and several neighbors with Leafs use their trickle chargers. If yes I get one - then which one?

Bob

First time EV owner, first post here on the forum. Leased a black EV + from LJ in late December. Loving it so far. I'd never even heard of this car until I saw it at the auto show in Seattle back in Nov. Replaced a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant that i'd owned since new so it was definitely time for a new car. I live in the Bothell area and I've only seen 1 other Soul EV, that was at the local QFC. Look forward to seeing more of you out on the road.

wabob said:
Now debating whether to get a Level 2 charger. Am retired so no need for commute or any regular travel and several neighbors with Leafs use their trickle chargers. If yes I get one - then which one?

Bob

We got a Clipper Creek hardwired level 2 EVSE after getting by on the Level 1 for about a month. It charged the Soul EV from the lowest we've ever taken it (7% - after a round trip from home to a concert in Olympia without recharging) in exactly four hours. We just received the $500 rebate from Puget Sound Energy the other day (which almost paid for the charger). Time will tell if this was the right purchase but so far it's worked perfectly. One night the car did not charge (it is set to start at 1 AM) and I don't know why, but it only happened the once. I suspect I didn't get it plugged in properly or something. Now I just check for the middle light to flash (indicating scheduled charging) when I plug it in at night and have had no recurrences.

Thanks Bernard,
I have now charged three times with 120v , 14-11-16 hours each, probably good enough for us. But of course, I would like to have the 240 charge ability, I am a toy person, hence the Soul. We live in a retirement village and the electric is provided, so no rebate. Even though we do not pay the 'e' bill I still want to know the facts and figures so I charge through a device called 'Kill-a-watt' it shows the v, a, w, in use and the totals and with the cost per kwh entered it shows the total cost. Fun stuff. Our village pays business rates, 0.056 cents plus tax, so I round it out at .06 cents. The last charge 19.17 kwh-$01.15-64.9 miles so $0.01797 per mile 3.38 miles per kw. Of course those are total used KW which includes the loss through the regulator and charger. I haven't double ck'd those figures so hope they correct. The car showed us using 3.8 kw pm average however the car had 117 miles on it (brought in from another dealer to Olympia) and the history showed them getting 2.8 mpkw. Yesterday we zeroed that out and we got 4.8 and 4.5 mpkw for two 8.5 mile drives. I am in learning mode.

Probably more than you wanted to know but I am having fun. After three Prius' this thing is a phenomenal vehicle to drive. My neighbor has a Tesla X and there are several Leaf's in the neighborhood. My only loss from the last 'Tech Pack' Prius is the Adaptive Radar Cruise Control, Lane Keeping, and mostly unused self parking.

Thanks again for your response and for listening. Bob

Wabob,
I got the GE duraststion for $360 from Lowe's. Works great and has good features for the price (7.2 kW, 18 foot cord, 3 year warranty). But for light use l1 works great.

Where are all our local owners? I am in Lacey, WA and know one other SOUL owner here. Would like to know more. The Pierce County Electric Vehicle Information Exchange facebook site has info on their National Drive Electric Week meet in Steilacoom , 9 September, and 4 of us SOUL owners have signed up. Would like to see more SOUL owners so we could compare info.

Hi, I'm in Puyallup. Am starting my 2nd year of a 3 yr lease from Kia of Puyallup. Love my Kia. Just completed by 15,000 check up and it cost me at total of $40! :D I have to drive from Puyallup to Kennewick twice this next month and looking to tips/suggestions/experiences. Are there any out there? Planning on taking 18 to North Bend, on to Snoqualmie, and south to Kennewick.

Just had a 2016 EV+ delivered to Seattle. It was really inexpensive, is really well made, and has tons of features. What a great car!

Hi,
Just recently purchased a 2021 Soul EV Limited and I love it! Big improvement over past years. They are getting better as the time goes by. :D

Are you in the U.S.? Can you get it here?

Edit: oh, looks like Canada. I'm jealous! Hopefully someday soon I can come to visit the other side of the border again.

I’m in Graham, WA; S of Puyallup with 52k miles on our 2016, black w red roof. No other Soul EV owners active in the Seattle EV Association, so sign on, folks!

I commuted 75 miles one-way in it for a year before upgrading a 2011 LEAF to 40 kWh as a demonstration project for http://www.EV-works.com, but my wife insisted on keeping the Soul, even though she always hated the color scheme!!
-Jay

Hi This is Don from Vancouver. My wife recently bought a 2016 Soul EV and I thought I should join a forum to learn the details of the car. It only has 56000 kilometers so hopefully it has long life ahead of it.

jray3 said:
I’m in Graham, WA; S of Puyallup with 52k miles on our 2016, black w red roof. No other Soul EV owners active in the Seattle EV Association, so sign on, folks!

I commuted 75 miles one-way in it for a year before upgrading a 2011 LEAF to 40 kWh as a demonstration project for http://www.EV-works.com, but my wife insisted on keeping the Soul, even though she always hated the color scheme!!
-Jay
Hated the colour scheme?! The "Darth Maul" colour scheme was the best one for that year! Followed by the "Yondu" (the light blue with the white roof). :D

Back