AVN Energy Usage Screen not showing info

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLKiaEV

I recently purchased a used 2016 Kia Soul EV+ in excellent condition and less than 18000 miles. Everything works great (and I love the car!) but I tried the "Energy Usage" screen for the first time today and it shows zeroes for everything. Anyone know why that might be? It's not super critical, but just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had that and if so, what they did to fix it. Is something disconnected maybe?

Thanks!

I don't think it's as simple as a loose wire. Everything talks on a CAN bus and if the wires were not connected then more than that would not be working.

I really don't have a recommendation here apart from talking to the dealer and hoping that you have a good dealer who knows what they are talking about.

If it has the most recent head unit update then there are some bugs related to this. While the car is on remove the SDCard and then re-insert it. Once it finishes restarting the EV data should be populating again. One of the guys on the Kia Soul EV Facebook group has been in communication with MapNSoft and is testing an updated version. If that's your problem then you can contact the support at MapNSoft to troubleshoot and try to get a fix.

mammlouk said:
If it has the most recent head unit update then there are some bugs related to this. While the car is on remove the SDCard and then re-insert it. Once it finishes restarting the EV data should be populating again. One of the guys on the Kia Soul EV Facebook group has been in communication with MapNSoft and is testing an updated version. If that's your problem then you can contact the support at MapNSoft to troubleshoot and try to get a fix.

Thanks! I will try this right now and get back to you.

mammlouk, YOU ARE THE MAN! Worked like a charm! I was a bit concerned that removing the SD Card while the system is on would corrupt the file system or something, but I guess they are smart enough to know that some people would be doing that without thinking and put in precautions.

Thanks, man!

Back