anyone know waterpump on/off relay location if exist ?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neel

hi experts,
if anyone has scamatics or location diagrame to find relay location which control water pump ON/OFF ?
if relay exist , i know the FUSE but not sure about relay.

thanks in advance

-
I found no reference to a EWP relay in the manual.
The 10A fuse is here in the PCB Block.

-

Also because you have been getting so many weird reading from Torque about the EWP.
Here is an image from my car. Driving today with air-con on. 32C outside.
Nothing seems abnormal.

-

Thank you for post and feedback,\
yes 10 AMP fuse i already know , i was just curious if Realy is exist somewhere ,
in my case AirCondition has no issue , it shows same data as yours, thats why it bit confusing
that EWP has issue or not ??
my issue when i charge the car, few times EWP stops intermittetly and radiator fan spin fast to cool down OBC
so i though it might be relay somewhere which fails (malfunction ) and stop EWP than radiator fan starts ,

** but today finally i install brand new EWP , i purchased it from kia dealer and install my self , because my car 123K
no longer warranty , hope issue will go away,

** here is one specific outcome/ Sequence i found while monitor few days of my car while charging
i set charging time to charge during off peak , and charge till 80% ( summer is on) ,
so once charge starts and pass 30-45 minute the EWP kicks in , i could hear the spinning , and speed veri as per OBC
get hot , it goes up to 50- 190 RPM , but radiator fan never starts even charge finished rather 80% or 100%
but what ever rason if pump stops in between ( like in my case ) than only Radiator fan starts spin heavy,
so i pull the charger wait for 2 minute and plug back , EWP starts ( as it should ) but not fan , i can hear pump spinning clearly,

** so my outcome is while CHARGING CAR EWP and Radiator Fan both never work togather , in too hot may be radiator fan works 2-3 minutes
but 99% on EWP works while charging

That sounds quite logical. When the EWP is running, the circulation of coolant through the radiator is sufficient to cool the coolant without the fan being required. However, when the EWP stops (presumably because it has overcooled the system) the circulation through the radiator stops, and the radiator sensor becomes heat-soaked, so the fan runs.

At what current (or power) are you charging the battery? The reason I ask is that the cooling system is sized to cope with the maximum rate of charge and discharge, and if you are charging at home at a lower rate, the EWP could well not be needed continuously, and the radiator fan only rarely.

IanL said:
That sounds quite logical. When the EWP is running, the circulation of coolant through the radiator is sufficient to cool the coolant without the fan being required. However, when the EWP stops (presumably because it has overcooled the system) the circulation through the radiator stops, and the radiator sensor becomes heat-soaked, so the fan runs.

At what current (or power) are you charging the battery? The reason I ask is that the cooling system is sized to cope with the maximum rate of charge and discharge, and if you are charging at home at a lower rate, the EWP could well not be needed continuously, and the radiator fan only rarely.

yes , i am charging at home ( level 2 - 240 v/16 AMP ) not 32 AMP , is low amp charging make OBC and cooling system more hot ??
because in my case i get random check EV light , with EWP error code , radiator fan spinning suddenly crazy high speed while charging
etc. my guts tells that EWP fail to start (not all the time ) but sometimes that makes cooling fan run crazy , after reviewed many blogs, only option to change EWP left to clear doubt , so i install new EWP last week still didn't hear radiator fan starts while charging ..hope it solve issue
** now to make cooling more efficient i am thinking one extra coolant tank( aluminium) and link with existing so more coolant less hot less stress to system while charging ... once i am done i will post pics here....

Back