Watchdog

Watchdog App... maybe.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am

Hello.

I'm the developer of a Android monitoring App (OBD2) called PHEV Watchdog which has been available for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and more recently for the Kia and Hyundai PHEV models.

I've been asked to add support for the EV vehicles but I do think it should be another App (too much PHEV data that doesn't matter for the EV).

So gathering info at this time and testing some code for the Ioniq EV and Niro EV which I've managed to have access to.

I think I could add support for the Soul also but I would need some help to scan the OBD2 and get some data from there.

If there's anyone with an OBD2 adapter who is willing to help please let me know.

Oh, I should say the App is only for Android and free to donwload from the playstore (ad supported).

I do plan to build a website (like for the PHEV Watchdog) with some added features (analysis of personal data and across) but that should come later and be restricted to contributors (the website not the App).

Here's an (old) video of the original PHEV Watchdog and it's features, you can expect about the same for this new App.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5zsnTsvzek

Thanks!

MassDeduction

Re: Watchdog App... maybe.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Watchdog wrote:Hello.

I'm the developer of a Android monitoring App (OBD2) called PHEV Watchdog which has been available for the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and more recently for the Kia and Hyundai PHEV models.

I've been asked to add support for the EV vehicles but I do think it should be another App (too much PHEV data that doesn't matter for the EV).

So gathering info at this time and testing some code for the Ioniq EV and Niro EV which I've managed to have access to.

I think I could add support for the Soul also but I would need some help to scan the OBD2 and get some data from there.

If there's anyone with an OBD2 adapter who is willing to help please let me know.
[...]

I have access to 2016, 2017, and 2021 Soul EVs, and I have an OBD2 adaptor. I'm a small business owner so don't have a lot of free time, but would love to help with the app if I can. What kind of help would you need? (Posting publicly rather than privately, in case there are others wondering the same thing as me.)

IanL

Re: Watchdog App... maybe.

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:14 pm

I have a 2018 (30kWh) Soul EV and the recommended KW902 OBD2 adapter. It works with Soul EV Spy and Torque, so I expect it could access the data you want, but I would need my hand held to learn how to provide the files.

In case you are not aware, the above apps are not currently able to provide "validated" values for battery SOH for the 30kWh model. Perhaps you will have some fresh insights.

Return to “Technical Discussions”