I only get 50 km, 2015 Soul estimates 130.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I told them about the requirement that the outside temp should be at least 10ºC for this. They checked with Kia HQ and tell me that is not necessary :?

So I'll do as I'm told and then go back. Let's see what happens.

Wizfinger said:
Yes, I told them about the requirement that the outside temp should be at least 10ºC for this. They checked with Kia HQ and tell me that is not necessary :?

Same here, got BMS update last december and since then battery, condition is not evaluated. So at -15C, battery full, GOM estimation is 118km. , and real autonomy is 70 km. I had SOH at 70% last december. Hopefully better estimattion will come with warmer weather.

Wizfinger said:

Perhaps they should read their own documentation.. :roll:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10143399-9999.pdf
Top of page 2 makes it clear that it must be +10C :lol:

Feel free to print that out and show it to your dealer next visit ;)

Haha thanks!

They called me back and told me indeed it has to be above 10ºC. So they found out :D .
As I have no possibility to charge indoors, I'll have to wait for warmer weather.

Is it really true that they cannot determine a SOH when the BMS is not calibrated?

Wizfinger said:
Haha thanks!

They called me back and told me indeed it has to be above 10ºC. So they found out :D .
As I have no possibility to charge indoors, I'll have to wait for warmer weather.

Is it really true that they cannot determine a SOH when the BMS is not calibrated?

They just read out what the BMS thinks, what we also do with the OBDII dongle and Torque Pro or Soul Spy.
For me it took also a long time before the battery was recalibrated and the GOM was very optimistic :oops:
Especially, because I normally try to keep the battery between 30% and 80%. Twice from below 20% to 100% was not enough for me. And of course the temperatures were higher. Bu t I do not think it was needed 5 times from below 20% to 100%.
Now the GOM is pessimistic (1% is 1 km :eek: ), but that is probably because the shorter trips and colder weather.

So, I claimed a bad battery under warranty. It took some time and some convincing, but Kia Netherlands has approved a battery replacement.

The dealership measured a SOH of 57%. Because the car is imported, they needed to check with Kia Germany. But everything’s fine now and the battery pack has been ordered.

Thanks everyone for helping out!

Yesterday the new battery pack was installed under warranty. The range shown is now 169 km and Soul EV Spy app shows a SOH of 111.5% :shock: :D

Thanks again everyone!

Back