Let me know when N.Y. starts selling this ...

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tigger,

Still no confirmation on dates:
"Basically, Kia tells us that the Soul EV will only be available in California, Oregon, New York, New Jersey and Maryland."

http://insideevs.com/kia-soul-ev-exclusive-rollout-information-live-images-from-2014-la-auto-show/

Also a comment further down the page says this:
"According to cars.com, the closest Soul EVs to my zip code (Rochester, NY) are all over 2,200 miles away, and there are only 49 in stock nation wide."

So even though New York will get the Soul EV, doesn't seem like there are any in the State yet.

As I recall, during Sandy days only electrics were on the road as there was no gas to be had.

My other vehicle is a Diesel. There are not that many around with that so I'm not worried.

But I hate it when they bring out such a nice vehicle during the Winter months.
Especially a BEV where using the Heater will lessen your battery trip.

Anyway, Winter is just about upon us, so I guess I will have to wait till Spring to hit.
I was hoping to have a Spark EV by now. But CA dealers are a bunch of asswipes and since Tony did the drive for the Soul EV, miles !! :shock: I will wait to get that !

Wish I could wait the few years for Tesla to get the smaller cheaper car going.
I BELIEVE Tesla when they say their mileage, but NO way am I believing what GM/Ford say about a 150-200 car :lol:

It seems that all EVs are always delayed in their rollout. Maybe there is an exception but that was the case for the Teslas, Rav4ev and i3.

I'm in NY too (Webster) so I'll be interested to see when they get here.

Mike

I am hoping for something around the Albany area. Easy trip if I have to tow , I-90 straight out.
I am now looking up to see if there is a bus that goes out that way near me.

Back