Is this a good lease? SoCal area

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodger,

Congratulations! It seems a great car to me and I hope you're enjoying it.

As for ChaDeMo, it's of Japanese derivation so it's pronounced "cha" as in "charge." Then "de" as in "definitely." Then "mo" as in "motion." Wikipedia says it's also a pun on "O cha demo ikaga desu ka?" which you could translate as "Would you like some tea?" in other words a way of inviting someone into a conversation or a relationship or maybe saving the world one car at a time.

Cheers,

Franz

Tomorrow I am going to attempt to lease a Soul EV in the SoCal area, first stop is Kia Downtown. I have never leased before, so I did my research thanks to the wonderful tools and websites posted in this forum (THANK YOU!!!) and have created a glorious spreadsheet (I LOVE SPREADSHEETS!!!) to do my own calculations on the fly while at the dealership. The only number I really can't nail down and have no concept of what will be offered is the Money Factor. We have pretty darn good credit. I saw that vanillagorilla used a money factor of 0.00032- is this typical/likely? Thanks!! Wish me luck tomorrow!

kierrica, how did things go? Kia of Downtown might perhaps have been able to beat the deal I got at Kia of Sherman Oaks last month. I hope they respected your homework and helped you understand the Money Factor. I cannot help you on that. Please tell us how it went.

I think I pretty much got the same deal as Roger. I paid $2000 for taxes and fees, with monthly payments of $250 including all taxes and fees. Now that seems a little high after looking back at ecomom's deal, but driving home I was SO happy with the car and that's pretty much all that matters in the end. I am ecstatic to not have to visit a gas station everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (ok maybe with other people) :) I am now researching L2 chargers and a Clipper Creek is in my amazon cart now because they're made in USA.

I leased EV+ from SoCal area last Saturday.

I ended up with $232 monthly payment including tax, $0 down drive-off, 12k/year for 36 month.

thats awesome! Up here in Quebec, Canada it double! Double including the government grant ($8K). In Canadian dollars.

Just go to the Kia Canada website and see for yourself... kia.ca

I'm envious!
Terry

tls1 said:
thats awesome! Up here in Quebec, Canada it double! Double including the government grant ($8K). In Canadian dollars.

Just go to the Kia Canada website and see for yourself... kia.ca

I'm envious!
Terry

Thank you! :)

I am waiting to get CA $2500 rebate which will help me to decrease my payment by >$70 per month. But the fund is currently holding.

ark8012 said:

I ended up with $232 monthly payment including tax, $0 down drive-off, 12k/year for 36 month.

Where'd you lease from? I am interested in an ev+ as well and would love to go to your person if you would kindly give me their info. Thanks in advance

Sippodream said:
ark8012 said:

Where'd you lease from? I am interested in an ev+ as well and would love to go to your person if you would kindly give me their info. Thanks in advance

Sent a PM :)

I went through the forum, based on all the data points Im trying to get a feel of what to negotiate..
Its hard to estimate, because not everyone is clear if they included the CA credit or where they included tax, so here goes an attempt anyways...

If doing $0 drive off I am assuming this is the range you want to hit per month payment for 36month?
EVe ~$170-200
EV ~$200-230
EV+ ~$230-280

Do these sound about right? Or they sound bizzare and not at all possible?

caicom98, it's hard to tell if those are good numbers since I don't know if you are including the CA rebate.

As far as I've been able to tell, ark8012's deal is the best I've ever seen. If it does not include the rebate, then that quote is 232x35, so $8120, minus $2500. And that's $5600 for an EV+. Amazing! That's less than I paid for an EV.

I find it easier to look at total cost for lease rather than think of things in monthly numbers. Still, with a zero drive-off, if you are factoring in the CA rebate already, then your low end estimates are great numbers to shoot for on the EV. So it seems to me, anyway. On the EV+, your numbers could be high. Figure the difference between them is $2000 MSRP. Your lease value on the difference should be maybe half that. So don't pay more than $1000 more for an EV+ over an EV. Same with the EV versus the EVe.

If ark8012 can get an EV+ for less than $6000, then I say go for it and get one yourself. The 2016s are going to be worth much less in just a couple months and dealers need to get rid of them. This is a great time to lease if you don't need a 170 mile car.

Yes I got $232 x 35 for EV+ and still waiting for $2500 CA rebate. I think the CA rebate is still holding now and not sure when it will start again.

But I got really great deal because my county is offering an additional $2500 rebate now. My final number if I get CA rebate will be $8120 - $2500 (CA rebate) - $2500 (County rebate) = $3120!!

It's about $90/month for EV+ with 12K/year. Pretty amazing. :)

I am in Northern/Central CA, not Southern CA although I got my lease deal in Southern CA.

Back