Favorite Car Colors?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaleighRon

For the Kia Soul EV, what exterior color do you like best? I haven't been to a dealer to see them in person. Kind of wish the all-gray car had a white roof (which I've seen before, perhaps in countries other than US?). And the all-white car seems to need some more pizzazz, although I'm not sure if I would like it with an electric blue roof, as seen in other countries.

I have a black and red soul ev + that I really like. I didn't think I would like the blue and white, but last week I noticed two on the street, and they looked really nice. I think that color scheme has grown on me.

I have the black and red too ... I would have preferred the titanium grey ... mostly because it does not show dirt / dust as much as other colours - my black looks great clean, but usually has lots of dust and water spots ... my wife suggested I get a monthly self-car-wash pass at $30/month so I could wash it daily to keep it spiffy clean! I may have washed all of the cars I've owned over the past 30 yrs once per year ... once per day would be a big jump!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoulEV/permalink/828918090522139/

Poll over at Soul EV facebook group

In order of preference...
1. blue/white
2. titanium
3. white

never - black/red (or so I have been told :))

Z

+1 on the solid white version. I frequently see it being admired by younger couples in the parking lot. Most of them don't even know it's electric, they just think it looks cool with its clean face.

we have solid white with sunroof, looks awesome in white. i personally don't like the white rims on the other colors.

I have white and it looks sharp and space age look. Black tinted windows with black lines and tires makes it look like space shuttle and it keeps car cool in summer. The battery is air cooled and not active cooled so better to keep the battery cool to minimize degradation in summer.

I like Titanium Gray. Not flashy, to be sure, but still looks OK with road dirt/grime, and not as common as silver.

In Canada, the EV comes in only three combinations: white body, pale blue roof; black body, red roof; and electronic blue body, white roof. The only exception is if you want a sunroof, which for some reason means you have to have an all-titanium car. We got the blue body/white roof combo, which I thought was by far the most attractive of the three choices. My wife preferred the white body/blue roof, but the kids and I outvoted her. :cool:

My last 5 cars have been black with a red pinstripe wrapping the car, so when I went in to look at the Soul I wanted the All Black, not with red roof, but when I saw the Titanium Gray I was sold.
Rather than a red pinstripe the decal shop put a black,

I liked the change.

I've hated all the blue tones that EV manufacturers have chosen -- soft blues, baby blues, powder blues. The Soul EV blue/white-roof is a little better, but not great. Nissan finally released a beautiful cobalt-blue Leaf which I approve of, but I wanted the Soul EV.

Just picked it up. Black with Black roof (hated the black-with red) and full sunroof. Looks pretty slick IMHO.

Just saw this colour scheme on a photo posted on the Tesla forum.
It is not available here - shame.
img_20160704_075945862_hdr-jpg.183972

Can someone explain the back wiper. It looks odd to me.

RaleighRon said:
Custom paint job on the roof? I like that they painted the white portions of the wheels black.

Exactly. The gray paint seems to have a matte finish, suggesting that it's actually plasti-dip -- and thus easily removable. I like the aftermarket K badge on the back. My wife put those on her new Sedona.

Three new colours for the MY 2017 Soul (not confirmed yet for the EV) - see http://www.kia-forums.com/kia-soul-forum/246242-2017-soul-canadian-features.html
Wild Orange (high metallic paint)
Mysterious Blue (dark blue pearl);
Caffeine Brown

Let's hope Wild Orange looks like this -
egbuz8.jpg

2hoe5qx.jpg

2mzwgpj.jpg

Matte black is my all-time favorite car color but my classic car did have the glossy one so decided to use matte black vinyl vehicle wraps for that. The professional team did great work in transforming that into my dream car.

Back