Availability of Black Soul EV+ ?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The black/red models are starting to trickle in, though one dealer told me that Kia isn't planning on producing that color in great quantity (though that may change over time). I just picked up my black/red Soul EV last night (SF bay area). Haven't driven it much yet, but am liking it so far.

I took delivery on 12/9; took some pictures this weekend and will figure out how to post here tonight. Even though I was out of town for 10 days after taking delivery and also had the holidays off of work; I already have 400+ miles. Car (regardless of color) performs very well; even better than my Leaf when it was brand new in 2011. Not enough data to know for sure; but looks like I can easily get close to 100 miles range if I utilize most of battery capacity. I get a tremendous number of positive comments regarding the Black/Red paint scheme.

Not sure if this will work (my company blocks access to tinypic), but here are a couple of snapshots of my new Soul EV+. The color is a little quirky, but unique and suits me. Our daughter likes it, but our 12 year-old son is still on the fence.

qyen2x.jpg

2d8rp1t.jpg

Congratulations on getting the car! Thank you for posting the pictures of it, as they are the first I have seen [other than Kia promotional pictures taken under studio lights]. It is nice to see the car in the sun. I am surprised to see white wheels as the ones on the Kia pictures appear silver.

Hmm I didn't notice the white wheels. Are they ALL white ? Is it just a plastic cover?
I would have to paint mine black. There is no way I would be able to keep those clean.

but it looks nice

tigger19687 said:
Hmm I didn't notice the white wheels. Are they ALL white ? Is it just a plastic cover?
I would have to paint mine black. There is no way I would be able to keep those clean.

but it looks nice

It is white with gray trim, and it does not appear to be a cover. Mine's a lease so I don't think I'm allowed to paint it, but I would have preferred it if they continued the black/red theme into the wheels and made them black with red trim. I think that would have looked pretty cool. Here's a slightly better closeup. The main parts are white plastic and the "holes" are gray/silver plastic.

25gtr36.jpg

In response to more requests for pictures of the Shadow Black/Inferno Red EV+; below are some pictures of my vehicle.

FRONT VIEW
687ifr.jpg

ANGLE VIEW
1z545fr.jpg

REAR VIEW
23s202.jpg

INTERIOR
65ucr6.jpg

CLOSE-UP OF SEATS WITH BLACK PIPING EXCLUSIVE TO SHADOW BLACK VEHICLE (might of been even cooler with red piping)
r8ebgj.jpg

DASH
2yod7ya.jpg

blownb310 said:
Looks terrific thank you! I agree, red piping on the seats would have been be great too.

Even better would have been black leather with red piping...

Back