Vancouver, BC

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazeyone said:
Don't know if you have heard of the Greenrace site but it helps with planning distance and elevation for various EV's including the Soul. Web address below.
http://www.jurassictest.ch/GR/
not sure how i missed your post earlier, excellent website, exactly what i need to predict if i can make those hilly trips, also interesting to compare the efficiency between different EVs, for example, Model S would use 25% more kWh than SoulEV on the same 35km trip with 600m elevation gain.

thanks for the link.

With the opening of Tsawwassen Mills Mall, the number of charging stations in Vancouver has increased by 26 overnight.

The charging stations are located near every 1 of the 6 mall entrances.

There are 14 AddEnergie (FLO.ca) stations that can be activated by App or RFID card.
There are 12 Chargpoint stations that can be activated by RFID card only (not online yet).

14925798_1165834236834640_5899129269348023419_n.jpg

A day trip to Skookumchuck Narrows

Took the first sailing (7:25am) from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale.
Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal + Langdale ferry terminal to Egmont Heritage Centre = 120KM
Arriving at the Egmont Heritage Centre (EV charging, washrooms, museum) with 40% battery SOC.

T734Fvj.jpg

The trail to Roland Point View Area is about 1 hour (4km)

oQb2WKp.jpg

check http://www.dairiki.org/tides/monthly.php/scl for Current Table

QGyTgeW.jpg

CTqiFuc.jpg

The SoulEV was fully charged when I returned to Egmont Hertiage Centre, ready to head back to Langdale ferry terminal

EC5F6GO.jpg

LaLWHUQ.jpg

JPVdg6I.jpg

Went to Joffre Lakes on the weekend in my MY19 Soul EV, temperature was in the mid-teens so no need for HVAC (just the fan).

First stop at Whistler Conference Centre for a QC (130km),
then drove to Joffre Lake trailhead, back to Whistler Conference Centre (a round trip of 122km)
QC to 85% before heading home.

o2z0DT3.jpg

Lower Joffre Lake
qgrA87N.jpg

A stream between Lower and Mid Joffre Lake
uCk2P7E.jpg

Joffre Lake (Mid)
Xa0vgnF.jpg

Holloway Falls, between Mid and Upper Joffre Lake
KaiEAXY.jpg

Upper Joffre Lake
wG3Ul5Q.jpg