Android Auto bugs: hanging up call freezes phone; radio button issues

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTEL

Loving the new Android Auto connectivity... but there are two pretty significant issues:

1. Hanging up in Android Auto messes up the phone. When I finish a call in Android Auto and I hang up (using dashboard or steering wheel), the call ends but the phone screen doesn't show it as fully hung up. It stays on the call screen but has the buttons grayed out. Since the phone thinks it's still on a call, I can't a) receive any more calls or texts; or b) listen to music. The only solution is to restart the phone or simply never hang up (not really an option if you get a voicemail).

2. Steering wheel arrow buttons are reversed when listening to the radio. Try this out: Put on the radio. When you're on Kia's radio screen, the "right" button moves down the list (to a higher number preset); the "left" button moves up the list (to a lower number preset). But when you're on any other screen - could be Kia's home screen, Android Auto, etc. - the buttons are reversed. That means that if I want to move from preset 1 to 2, I need to know if I'm on the radio screen (and so need to press the "right" arrow) or if I'm on any other screen (and so need to press the "left" arrow).

Anyone else experiencing either of these issues? #2 is annoying; #1 is a pretty big deal.

Thanks!

I'm in Canada so I'd have to pay over $300 to get the Android Auto update, but I've noticed #2 just switching between the home screen and the radio screen.

Back