Reserve (scheduled) Climate not activating

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slobodanc

I scheduled the reserve climate to start in the morning,

Start driving 6:20 am, 25C, Mon-Fri

There is a defrost icon which I didn't select (guessing it activates window defrost).
I also have scheduled charging at midnight which works perfectly without fail.
All icons/light indicate that the reserve climate program is active:
1) the button itself LED is on
2) when turning off car the panel says that both charging and climate schedules are On

So everything seems to be set correctly, yet climate is not active when I enter the car and it is cold.
This morning I left around 6:40 so plenty of time, but car is cold.
Once I start the car I see temp setting was increased from original 22 to 25 per schedule.

I have a 240V 40A circuit 7.2 kW charger:
http://www.elmec.ca/evduty-2/

Car is always correctly charged so I know that charger and car communicate fine.

I tried the manuals but it seems simple enough to setup the schedule.

Still this is 2nd morning and climate didn't run before I entered the car.

Any suggestions?

thanks

The start driving time is the time at which it will shut off the pre-heating. I can't remember if the pre-heat starts 20 or 30 minutes before you have the driving time.

So this morning it will have heated from 5:50 or 6:00 to 6:20 then shut off. It then sat there cooling down from 6:20 to 6:40 at which time you got to the car and wondered why it was cold.

Set the start driving time to your departure time + 10mins, so 6:50 in your case. It will have had 10 or 20 minutes to warm up and then you will unplug it while it is still heating, get in and drive.

When i turn OFF the GPS, the schedule fail (even if ON is displayed at the dashboard).

So, now ...
- i program the schedule
- wait 3 second after the confirmation
- and turn OFF the CAR without touch the GPS panel.

and now, no FAIL since this explanation.

---

And yes, the time of scheldule start can vary from 30min to 12min before the programmed hour.

Well yesterday I had 6:30 and left house around 6:35 but was also cold, no sign of any heating.
Considering the difference between set 25 and external temp was -3 I would certainly notice something even after 20 min.

I will reset schedule back to 6:30 and check at 6:20 to see if there is any sign of HVAC working.

I am still fairly convinced it didn't work at all.

SoulEV2016 said:
When i turn OFF the GPS, the schedule fail (even if ON is displayed at the dashboard).

So, now ...
- i program the schedule
- wait 3 second after the confirmation
- and turn OFF the CAR without touch the GPS panel.

and now, no FAIL since this explanation.

---

And yes, the time of scheldule start can vary from 30min to 12min before the programmed hour.

Not sure what "turn OFF the GPS" means. The manual refers to the big display as "AVN" Audio/Video/Navigation" system.
Do you mean that using AVN in any way could disable reserve climate?
So just before turning off the car I should go to the schedule and bring it up then just click Ok/Save?

thanks

XKrfFL.jpg

Back