Soul EV sales target for 2014

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

himi

Kia has officially said their sales target for 2014 is around 5000 Soul electric vehicles.

Does anyone on this EV forum think that is attainable? The vehicle is only entering production in April, and then it is going on sale in May in South Korea. It is only scheduled to come to North America some time in the 3rd quarter of 2014...

I think the only way they will sell that many is if the price is very competitive, and they market and allow pre-sales on the vehicle to start building interest.

kia-soul-ev-Chicago-1-350x240.jpg

All 5000 could be sold just in Korea, given the incentives there. Even if it's overpriced here, someone will buy one. This is bad news for me, it raises the odds that I won't even have the opportunity to lease one in the fall. Ah well, maybe 2017.

I don't understand. What is bad news for you DNA? I haven't even seen any lease prices yet, but I did read that the price will be $35-k.

blownb310 said:
I don't understand. What is bad news for you DNA? I haven't even seen any lease prices yet, but I did read that the price will be $35-k.

I mean if they're only making 5000 to sell worldwide, the odds are against any coming to MA this fall. MA not being one of their initial target states.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
All 5000 could be sold just in Korea, given the incentives there. Even if it's overpriced here, someone will buy one. This is bad news for me, it raises the odds that I won't even have the opportunity to lease one in the fall. Ah well, maybe 2017.

Kia has said the largest market will be the US, so if they want to move 5000 per year, they'll need to go outside of those few states.... IMHO :)

Well, I guess I'll find out come November, when my lease is up. But I'm not hopefull. Most will go to the west coast. 5000 cars is like 2 months sales for a LEAF, just in the US, so 5000 for year, worldwide, doesn't hold much promise for one at my local dealer.

I am in the same boat in Texas. I doubt I will see any here before the second Quarter of 2015. They haven't even released a price for the States.

Back